Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking to add a diffuser to my 22 Mach 1 and found one on the CAM C thread from a company called Verus Industries. They have a few options for the s550 platform and one I chose is for the GT350. This Diffuser Strake Kit was very easy to adapt to the Mach 1 rear diff cooler cover/scoops. The center strakes have 3 attachment points that use some holes occupied by rivets that hold the cooler ducting and front mounting bracket. The side strakes are bolted on the sides with some minor modification to the cover.

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7797.jpeg

IMG_7798.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

IMG_7806.jpeg

IMG_7805.jpeg

IMG_7802.jpeg

IMG_7803.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
That looks like a nice job you did. Any plans for more front aero?

OP
OP
TRDFurgesson

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like a nice job you did. Any plans for more front aero?
Not at the moment, the balance of the car on track (before this addition) is very close to where I would like it. I still have some sway bar adjustability (Steeda Adj. sways/Adj. end links) Due to the early season rain and cooler temps I haven’t been able to push as hard as I would like in the faster parts of Mid Ohio. The car works very well in the Esses and Madness into thunder valley. Last time out there were weepers on the bus stop before the keyhole and on keyhole exit so I had to go easier than I wanted. I am very much looking forward to warmer temps and dryer conditions in the coming months. The new track surface is going to work very well especially in the rain as compared to last year. Exponentially more grip when wet as compared to before the repave.

Last edited:

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Great job and crystal clear video. Why Ford revised the gt350 rear diffuser panel for GT500/Mach 1 is beyond me but your modifications are a great solution. I pointed out the discrempensies to Verus last year when I discovered the same improper fit on my Mach 1 and they were planning to release an updated kit. Coincidentely, Verus just confirmed with me, yesterday, they've been too busy with other projects and they put the Mach 1 strake kit on hold. (Maybe if Dark Horse shares the same diffuser panel, it would open additional market to justify an updated strake kit?) Please provide more feedback on the functional impact of these strakes, hopefully your mods are well worth the effort and aerodynamic benefits.
Sponsored