Realistic value for my GT500

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m aware this is a thread about a modded car. Your previous statement infers CFTP cars go in the low $80’s. Which is flat wrong. Quoted below.
And yes, value is ultimately what someone is willing to pay.
Please attach the quote where I said low 80's. Are you reading-comp inpaired?

Since we are talking about SUBJECT vehicle -- which is modded to the OP's liking (and likely only his liking) this car will likely go in the 80's.

You do realize none of this matters because these are only opinions. Which begs the question:

Why intentionally misquote me? Is it THAT important you "win" the hypothetical? lmao. Strange guy.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Please attach the quote where I said low 80's. Are you reading-comp inpaired?

Since we are talking about SUBJECT vehicle -- which is modded to the OP's liking (and likely only his liking) this car will likely go in the 80's.

You do realize none of this matters because these are only opinions. Which begs the question:

Why intentionally misquote me? Is it THAT important you "win" the hypothetical? lmao. Strange guy.
Here you go, second time I’ve quoted it now this time as a screenshot. Since you’re going to throw insults, I’ll send you my reading glasses in the mail so you can read what you wrote. You said base 500’s in the 70’s all day, twice on Sunday. Add $7-9k for CFTP. That would INFER (as I said previously as well) as low as low 80’s. I haven’t intentionally misquoted anyone, I could give two shits if I win anything with you. You want to win, go ahead I’m done. You win. Just stating that your valuation of a CFTP is not at all market. Enjoy your Friday evening

IMG_2762.png

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here you go, second time I’ve quoted it now this time as a screenshot. Since you’re going to throw insults, I’ll send you my reading glasses in the mail so you can read what you wrote. You said base 500’s in the 70’s all day, twice on Sunday. Add $7-9k for CFTP. That would INFER (as I said previously as well) as low as low 80’s. I haven’t intentionally misquoted anyone, I could give two shits if I win anything with you. You want to win, go ahead I’m done. You win. Just stating that your valuation of a CFTP is not at all market. Enjoy your Friday evening

IMG_2762.png
aja-jim-carrey.gif

You are as sharp as a marble. 0 times did I say low 80's.

Amazing.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I find it funny that I agree with both sides of this argument. And really, you all are sort of agreeing with each other and dont know it. The guy saying add 9k like me is correct about add value, but forgets to add the 125%. The guy who says CFTP is more than 9k has already added the 125%. This is why I broke the entire valuation down. You guys are for the most part coming in at about the same valuation. Just not, as teachers used to say, showing your work:handshake:
IMO, once you start talking about modded cars, a lot of things go out the window. So many variables. Are the mods light and tasteful? Does the car have a built motor? Turbo swap? Carbon fiber component replacements? Wheels? My point being, you cannot just say as a generalized blanket statement that "oh, cars been modded its not worth as much as stock" because modded means so many different things. As a dealer, I would not give OP any less for his car just because he put nice carbon fenders on the car and some other cosmetic "mods". God I hate the word "modded"

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Just not, as teachers used to say, showing your work..
Good one, Chris, brought back a few memories. <grinning>

Also good detective work on the valuations and I would agree that an informed dealer would not automatically reduce the offer for any modifications. (See, I didn't say, "modded." <grinning again>)

Now, raise your hands if you ever gave a teacher an apple. ;=)

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Good one, Chris, brought back a few memories. <grinning>

Also good detective work on the valuations and I would agree that an informed dealer would not automatically reduce the offer for any modifications. (See, I didn't say, "modded." <grinning again>)

Now, raise your hands if you ever gave a teacher an apple. ;=)
LOL. Hope you are well this fine morning.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Hope you are well this fine morning.
<smiling> Thanks Chris, it's also a fine morning here and after a decent amount of shuteye along with a cup of joe, I'm ready for another day. :=) Hope your status report is the same.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Getting older and transitioning into other areas of interest. I’m going to sell my car and trying to decide a fair value in today’s market. I have a 2020 GT500 CFTP painted stripe that you can see in my signature. It currently has 3,000 miles. I’m the third owner and purchased it in 8/22 with 800 miles. The car has never been tracked. Hell when I bought it the shipping blocks were still in place. It was owned by the Audi dealership GM. The car did not come with the splitter wickers or owners kit. This is what I have done to it. ALL exterior pieces have been replaced with Anderson Composite carbon fiber pieces including the front fenders. It has PPF on the first have of the car. It will come with all the OEM parts that were replaced with the carbon fiber. Only interior change was the replacement of the console with carbon fiber. All the exterior carbon fiber has PPF except the last additions around the headlights. The imperfections are some leather scratches on the drivers seat where the seatbelt crosses (there when I bought it) and it looks like a clip popped loose on the passenger rocker panel splitter which makes it about a 1/4” lower than it should be. I would rate the PPF job on the carbon fiber fenders a 6/10. The PPF that was in place when I bought it is much better. I’m not interested in listing it on BAT would like to sell it to another enthusiast at a little less then market. Also for anyone’s peace of mind it has the transferable 7 year/36,000 Flood ESP, don’t remember if the deductible is $100 or $200. This car is a beast.
Here is black book on it. It does not allow you to add value for the painted stripes or the CFTP. This is for the Texas area.

Black Book Retail as of 03/18/2024
Extra Clean
Clean
Average
Rough
Base
$86,325
$81,800
$72,325
$66,825
Options
$0