Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Decent hood struts would probably add $20-$30 at production, $60+ on the showroom floor. When the manufacturers sweat nickels, $20 is cause for a high-level conference.
Betting you'd have to add the costs of hood redesign and possibly crash recertification to those numbers. The OE hood is designed to be supported at the OE places, not just anywhere.

Norm
Sponsored

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I have people behind me complain that when I get on it, in front of them, it smells like their vehicle is on fire.

That's not a "worst thing" because I don't smell it.

If I had to complain about something, I do find that my left hand sticks to the steering wheel on longer drives when I go to use the turn signal. Small annoyance that one day might convince me to upgrade the wheel...or at least have it covered in a soft material.

abbeynormal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PPGT Magnetic
Remembered another thing that drives me mad. If you touch the temp knob on the HVAC, it turns on the whole deal; blower and all. A lot of the time I want the blower off and just want to change the (naturally) incoming air temp. Like I have in every car for 30 years. Even worse is, if you turn the temp knob too far/hard, to cold, it turns on the freaking AC. Grrrrr.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Betting you'd have to add the costs of hood redesign and possibly crash recertification to those numbers. The OE hood is designed to be supported at the OE places, not just anywhere.

Norm
They mount at the OE locations. There are already places on the fender made for the struts. The struts and mounting hardware are Ford-supplied. It took longer to cut the slit in the battery cover than to attach the struts.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Another thread reminded me of the REAL worst thing. I blame traumatic amnesia from when I discovered this problem. So visor mirror doors that aren't miniature hoods are now the second worst thing.

The worst thing about my 2016 is the fact that cruise does not automatically re-engage after shifting. My 2013 Cadillac can do it. Apparently 2019 Mustangs can do it, no doubt due to death threats from customers like me (who somehow avoided the traumatic amnesia).

Its common to downshift or drive in a lower gear for a short time to be ready for fast acceleration. And with adaptive cruise traffic can slow to where you'd need or want to downshift and, of course, you need to shift back up as traffic clears. Its idiotic to force a manual resume each time you shift. And to add injury to insult, the resume button (at least with 2016 Adaptive cruise) is not reachable from normal hand position and is easy to hit another or multiple buttons when attempting to resume.

Sponsored

florida _mel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0l 2004 Town Car
Few things that bug ..is even with the car new .. you get this musty odor from the AC ..with just the regular Vent on. I wish the clock had an option for military time.and the other thing that's kind of annoying is that the car is so beautiful when it just gets a little bit dirty you have to almost immediately clean it because it's just that awesome
Mine has the musty odor on start-up; but, I have 24h time.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Few things that bug ..is even with the car new .. you get this musty odor from the AC ..with just the regular Vent on. I wish the clock had an option for military time.and the other thing that's kind of annoying is that the car is so beautiful when it just gets a little bit dirty you have to almost immediately clean it because it's just that awesome
My 18 EB Premium has 24hour clock option.

88RZJUd.jpg

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
24H clock here.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not understanding. Are you saying your 2015 doesn't have an option for 12 hour clock?
It has the option. All the clocks I have that are capable are set to "24H".

Sponsored

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my 2019 I hate that the power and volume button aren't the same.

I like the turn to increase the volume and push to turn it off.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It has the option. All the clocks I have that are capable are set to "24H".
Same here. So, why is having a 24 hour clock in the Mustang a "worst thing"?

Wait. Are you complaining about it NOT having a 24 hour clock? I don't recall and am too lazy to check. For sure I set it to 24 hours if that was available.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Wait. Are you complaining about it NOT having a 24 hour clock? I don't recall and am too lazy to check. For sure I set it to 24 hours if that was available.
Responding to this:

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra

My mistake..it does have the 24 hours:)