Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Ok love the car so far 2019 ruby red premium gt vert
I've checked manual and just find any help. I can play All songs using the random button that shows beneath the album art.but I'd like to use random within a large album,100 songs.so any ideas using random within an album using USB. THANKS
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
In my 2018's USB-play function, the system ignores folder/directory boundaries and will play all 2,053 individual tracks randomized. If your "album" was recorded as a whole, it will be treated as a single track.

I did a cassette-to-MP3 transfer ("For Country Lovers", Linda Ronstadt) and it all came out in one long string. I found a software program that makes it pretty easy to separate the tracks on the album: Audacity. It also does many more audio-recording things as well.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks much.ill give it a try.bob

rocknstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium A6
Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by one large album but in my 2017 I can do New Search -> Explore Device (it's the last option) then navigate to the folder I want and start playing. Then turn on the random button.

I have a folder with 300+ random songs from all different albums and artists. Works great as long as they are in the same folder.

Now that I write this I think it will even randomize all songs in the selected folder as well as subfolders.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for response.thats what I've been doing.maybe I need to go to album again.anf try random.could be once you start in play mode,it won't go to random.ill try that

Sponsored

rocknstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium A6
I have 3 or 4 top folders. One of them is Rock. Under that folder I have several folders by artist then by album name. I have a various artists folder that has some random one off songs. When I Explore Device I navigate to the Various Artists folder and click on the first song. When it starts playing I then click on the shuffle or randomize button.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks.just did that and it works. BTW when I owned my 14 Shelby,the Shelby forum had gab songs thread.my all time Shelby song was cobrastyle by teddybears
Sponsored