Random misfire and LTFT negative.

LouisiAnimal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6 spd
I’m having this issue that I can’t seem to figure out. I get a code sometimes for Random misfire on startup and sometimes I get a code for misfire on 1. I can feel a miss about 1800 rpm only when I’m not heavy in the gas. Can hear an occasional mos in the exhaust when idling. LTFT gets between -15 and -20 STFT stays around 0. Tuner said my injectors might be stuck in open. Got em cleaned, Cleaned injectors, new coil pack and plugs, evap purge valve seems to be working, but hadn’t changed it. I moved the injectors to different cylinder after cleaning, and also moved coils around to see if the mis followed. It didn’t. I changed upstream o2 on that bank. Idk where to go from here. IMRC locked out.
17 gt w/18 ported mani, catless headers, full exhaust, t56 swap.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LouisiAnimal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6 spd
Only things I can think of that are left are a vacuum leak or something internal. Maybe a compression or leakdown test is in order.
I thought vacuum leak would cause it to run lean? just in case I searched around for a leak. Sprayed carb cleaner around the manifold etc nothing to be found. I do hear a random tick from the throttle body at idle. I hear that’s normal though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LouisiAnimal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6 spd
That’s good but transfer functions could be skewed a bit.
Who’s the tuner ?
Lund. Last datalog I sent the recommended I clean the injectors cause o was running rich and they may have been sticking open.