Sponsored

R oil temps ?

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Haven't tracked mine yet, but I've seen temps get to 235 just staying above 5-6k for more than a minute (speeds 80mph or slightly lower/higher). Maybe I'm missing something - but it seems if I was pushing the car harder for longer the temps would soar?

What is everyone seeing that pushes the car hard?
Sponsored

dsm_mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Haven't tracked mine yet, but I've seen temps get to 235 just staying above 5-6k for more than a minute (speeds 80mph or slightly lower/higher). Maybe I'm missing something - but it seems if I was pushing the car harder for longer the temps would soar?

Temp definitely gets close to 300 at the track. I have not gotten limp mode. I do drive the car differently than I first did at the track. I am using 7500 ish as a shift point and try not too rev it out just to rev it and temp is managed okay. I do wish there was a large oil cooler available to keep the oil temps down to a more reasonable level!

Mike

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

1 min in 5-6K in what gear? LOL

OP
OP
MrCincinnati

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
1 min in 5-6K in what gear? LOL
Haha busted.. 3rd - was going up and down 4k-7k, shift to 4th, back down etc.

Don't ask what I was doing :bolt:

Did same kind of thing yesterday only I was solely interested in a/f ... got up to 75mph, downshifted to 3rd rolled in and out of throttle etc.
Sponsored