Quiet down Roush Exhaust

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Will have to record one. I should've done a before and after but i was in and out at the muffler shop ill record one today.
Anyway you can send me a sound clip? It’s exactly what I’m looking for, specifically. Thanks!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Will have to record one. I should've done a before and after but i was in and out at the muffler shop ill record one today.
Please! You don’t have to do a before and after, I have a mustang outside my apartment with the same setup without resonators lol. I know what that sounds like

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Yours sounds like mine did when I just had mufflers. Weird.
makes me wonder if there are different roush mufflers out there based on some folks description of how loud they are. mine is often one of the quietest non-stock exhaust cars around. I know some folks locally that have ATAK's, Corsa's, and others and they are all significantly louder, bordering on really obnoxious for a few of them

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In my limited experience once your remove the suit case any mufflers you put on the end get amplified to do what they do the roush mufflers have open chamber design so u get the rasp that u either love or hate.

Sponsored

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Please! You don’t have to do a before and after, I have a mustang outside my apartment with the same setup without resonators lol. I know what that sounds like
Best i can do i work in an industrial area and i figured a cold start would be more appreciated. For reference cell phone camera and half a car length away. Cheers.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Best i can do i work in an industrial area and i figured a cold start would be more appreciated. For reference cell phone camera and half a car length away. Cheers.

That sounds quiet compared to some starts I have heard.

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It is. But the grunt for the most part is still there. Its always too much or too little 😆. Its growing on me. From the outside its perfect. But its just a bit too quiet in cab highway cruising.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
2 words: Active Exhaust

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Roush axle back with stock resonator and cold starts are fairly loud. I wouldn't mind if my setup was louder when warm, but knowing how much louder the cold starts will get is what keeps me from adding an H or X-pipe.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have the MBRP street catback which is similar volume wise to the Roush. Oddly enough putting the FP tune kit on makes the cold starts much more tolerable (for my neighbors anyway). The RPM no longer shoots as high and it comes back down quicker.
Sponsored