blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
THIs!!!:clap2:

Nobody in their right mind buys a Mustang GT. Even the designers admit that. It's an emotional decision.

This car has a soul. I swear to god!
Couldn't agree more with you, I don't use mine all week. it's a complete extravagance but it just has something special. You don't even have to be on it to enjoy it, and everybody seems to like it. People let you pull out of junctions and give the thumbs up. That's in London !!
Yes, it's a bit clunky but that is also part of it's charm.
Anybody who buys a new car must know that you may as well be burning £50.00 notes as most new cars loose fortunes. I bought mine knowing it was likely to loose a fair chunk over 3 years.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
If you're worried about depreciation don't change the car within the first 3 years

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If you want depreciation free motoring can I suggest you buy my Saab 93. It's got 11 months mot and 100k miles. A few scratches and dents as you would expect, but only £350
It is due an oil change though and the alarm tends to go off at random, oh and the stereo doesn't work anymore. There's a bit of top end rattle when cold. Otherwise perfect apart from the gear knob which fall off occasionally.

No rust yet and will do another 100k if looked after.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
OK OK I get where you're coming from guys..

As for buying in, I have.. I had one before but really couldn't stand the LHD. I grew up in the States, (I was probably the first Brit to ever see a 67 Camaro at a Chevy dealer the night before it went on sale).

My Dad was American and loved the Mustang, he died in 2008 which is why I bought the S197, in his memory.

My reaction to this post was a little OTT I guess, but TBH I was stunned to see a post by [email protected] having had 3 emails completely ignored by them and also now stating they have an excess of cars they're offering up for sale.. I certainly never saw this coming.

I'm not particularly bothered about depreciation, if I was, I wouldn't have bought as many new cars as I have in the last few years. I don't plan on ever selling the Mustang and certainly won't be upgrading to a '18MY

So, you've all convinced me, I won't cancel and will go ahead with the order. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm offered a different car having seen this post, but it'll have to be brand new unregistered and no number plate mount fitted and all stickers/vinyl attached.

I have ordered Grabber Blue GT with Shaker, ebony, climate seats, reverse sensors.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

As for buying in, I have.. I had one before but really couldn't stand the LHD. I grew up in the States, (I was probably the first Brit to ever see a 67 Camaro at a Chevy dealer the night before it went on sale).

My Dad was American and loved the Mustang, he died in 2008 which is why I bought the S197, in his memory.

My reaction to this post was a little OTT I guess, but TBH I was stunned to see a post by [email protected] having had 3 emails completely ignored by them and also now stating they have an excess of cars they're offering up for sale.. I certainly never saw this coming.

I'm not particularly bothered about depreciation, if I was, I wouldn't have bought as many new cars as I have in the last few years. I don't plan on ever selling the Mustang and certainly won't be upgrading to a '18MY

So, you've all convinced me, I won't cancel and will go ahead with the order. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm offered a different car having seen this post, but it'll have to be brand new unregistered and no number plate mount fitted and all stickers/vinyl attached.

I have ordered Grabber Blue GT with Shaker, ebony, climate seats, reverse sensors.
Good to hear it Nigel...certainly sounds like you are buying for the right reasons. The NCAP thing has had a real impact, but the way I see it - it has just flushed out the people who really weren't that interested in the first place...

I had a conversation with my dad last night about the whole NCAP thing, when I told him why the Mustang was marked down - he laughed. Says it all really :cheers:

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Good to hear it Nigel...certainly sounds like you are buying for the right reasons. The NCAP thing has had a real impact, but the way I see it - it has just flushed out the people who really weren't that interested in the first place...

I had a conversation with my dad last night about the whole NCAP thing, when I told him why the Mustang was marked down - he laughed. Says it all really :cheers:
I have never been bothered about the NCAP thing, but I do care about what others think. I know I shouldn't, but there it is..

I don't care what some independent body that keeps moving the goal posts and doesn't test like for like says, I know what I'd rather have a crash in at 50mph given the choice of the Mustang or a Polo.

It does worry me though that there are people out there, who can only afford a ten year old car who buy a car with a great big 5 STAR sticker in the rear window when, by today's standards it would probably be a 1 star.. there I go again.. caring what others think..

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT

I seriously don't think you'll be disappointed (and who would with Grabber Blue - it's a bold, brave but nonetheless fantastic colour)... regret is not something I can recall having seen to be expressed by anyone who's bought one... and that largely includes those that have involuntarily taken them on off-road excursions! :cheers:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Puzzled, so you grew up in Mustang land, had a S197 but could not get on with it cause it was a LHD? were you not used to a Lefty. other than a few carparks what is the difference? I had my S197 for 4 years, had never driven a LHD car before in the UK. I had my test drive in Fulham on a Saturday afternoon
I can understand people feeling for a new car a RHD with the 3 years guarantee makes sense and getting parts (should be quicker) but for someone born to drive a Lefty, seems a bit strange you hated the S197.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Why can't you understand? A LHD drive in UK is on the wrong side. It's far easier to drive a RHD car in the UK. Pretty amazing really...
but he was born to drive a LHD
For me driving in the UK, or Europe, or in the US is all much the same.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
The LHD thing for me is proper weird..:D

Every time I go to Spain for the bikes, I'm team driver and hire a suitable car, last time was a LHD galaxy:thumbsup:

I struggle driving a LHD car in a LHD country:lol:... and yet when I drive a RHD car over in France, Germany Holland etc, I feel much more at home...

Go figure:shrug::crazy:

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
If you want left hand drive with an element of fear and two fingers up to NCAP you need to try a classic old VW splittie.

No front seat belt, crumple zones are in essence your knees and pulling out any where with 38BHP can mean a long wait. However people will bite your hand off if your'e selling and 25,000 people will turn up for every weekend festival around the old VW classics. So I guess not everyone is concerned with LHD and crappy safety.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I seriously don't think you'll be disappointed (and who would with Grabber Blue - it's a bold, brave but nonetheless fantastic colour)... regret is not something I can recall having seen to be expressed by anyone who's bought one... and that largely includes those that have involuntarily taken them on off-road excursions! :cheers:
I have to agree, I think. grabber blue with the black pack is probably the one car I look at and think I might have preferred. It just looks right and if I hadn't had my mind set on old man magnetic with a bit of stealth about it, then Grabber would have been my choice.........not that it was available when I ordered I believe. But hell, if you have gone for Grabber, sod it, get and rag it, not a lot will look cooler on the road!

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I am kinda hoping this means sales are slowing.
I saw a black vert driving along the seafront on the way home this afternoon and the initial excitement was tempered by me thinking "I dont wanna start seeing too many around"

However,I dont want Ford to not bring the 7g to the uk
Sponsored