Sponsored

Quick Latch hood pin install on a GT500 style hood

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
Where did you place your hood pins to make them look similar to the OEM GT500 location? Pics would be great.
Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
my hood had indents where they go so wasnt any choice

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Some of the aftermarket hoods are not designed specifically to have functional hood pins. But in hindsight with my experience, I'd rather have a hood that does not have pre-stamped/pre-drilled hood pin holes.

My MP Concepts GT500 style hood had debosses and starter holes. Instead of using the faux latches provided with the hood I thought I'd go "real". I had to measure/drill/install/adjust/test repeating steps as necessary to get hood pins to interface with radiator support where MP Concepts decided such pins should be. Those locations did NOT align well with the radiator support. In fact they were half on half off the radiator support so not only did I need to fabricate brackets, I had to slot/modify as necessary.

I noticed another brand hood that selected a different pin location. I perceived their location to be much more conducive to mounting to the radiator support. I don't recall the hood brand, so maybe one of those owners can help you.

All that said, I reiterate what I said in the first paragraph....In hindsight I would prefer a hood that does not have pre-stamped/pre-drilled hood pin locations.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I used the quik latch hood pins on mine, I used existing radiator cover holes. Was pretty happy where the pins are on the hood

IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2749.jpg

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I used the quik latch hood pins on mine, I used existing radiator cover holes. Was pretty happy where the pins are on the hood

IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2749.jpg
Good looking car! It appears you found a good location for the hood pins, fabricating a bracket that mounts forward of the radiator support. While it is not a GT500 style hood, your pics definitely provide a good option for mounting IF the OP selects a GT500 Style hood with no debosses. And of course you worked from the radiator up and not the top down. I wish my MP Concepts did not have the debosses so I could do that as you did.

OP
OP

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2

IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2749.jpg
Any chance you can take pictures of the location you drilled under the support cover? I like you're location on the hood.
Sponsored