Question for Verus flat bottom kit owners

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Highlander DD, 2019 GT350
Seems like these kits favor lift users as most of the jack points get hidden with this kit.

Has anyone successfully modified the panel to allow for a jacking rail?

Looks straight forward. The only area that actually has a fastener and would need to be moved is on the driver side rear. A couple of the offset brackets do mount to the frame where the jacking rail would go. I could see the head of these fasteners preventing the rail from seating flat.

Anyone?
Sponsored

Highoctanecobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have the Verus flat bottom kit, waiting for warmer weather for the installation.
I also got the Kenny Brown jacking rails because it looks like they will work better with the flat bottom kit than the Steeda rails I already have on. The KB are trapezoidal so the bottom surface of the rail is suppose to be horizontal with the ground.
I am hoping the outer edge of the flat bottom kit sits flat against the KB jacking rail.

Concerning the Verus flat bottom kit, passengers side, middle bracket; I want to try to end the end up and mount it to the side of the jacking rail. Or if that doesn’t look like good option, I could mount the middle bracket to car per instructions and notch the top of jacking rail for clearance and bolt the jacking rail over the bracket.

OP
OP
Rb1987

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I have the Verus flat bottom kit, waiting for warmer weather for the installation.
I also got the Kenny Brown jacking rails because it looks like they will work better with the flat bottom kit than the Steeda rails I already have on. The KB are trapezoidal so the bottom surface of the rail is suppose to be horizontal with the ground.
I am hoping the outer edge of the flat bottom kit sits flat against the KB jacking rail.

Concerning the Verus flat bottom kit, passengers side, middle bracket; I want to try to end the end up and mount it to the side of the jacking rail. Or if that doesn’t look like good option, I could mount the middle bracket to car per instructions and notch the top of jacking rail for clearance and bolt the jacking rail over the bracket.
So you are thinking of mounting the panel so it sandwiches the rail between the panel and the chassis and then just jacking on the panel?

Steeda makes a low profile that sits just under the pinch weld I was thinking of that. The trapezoidal rail is interesting. I didnt think of that aspect.

I dont have any rails but looking at where they mount and where the middle bracket bolts to the chassis it looks like it lands directly on top of it. Thinking of notching just like you.

The fender evacuation kit also needs modifying if u have that as well

Thanks for pointing the KB rail.

Highoctanecobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So you are thinking of mounting the panel so it sandwiches the rail between the panel and the chassis and then just jacking on the panel?———yes, I hope it works out like that.

If the panel rattles or vibrates against the rail, I may put small amount of silicon between them to stop.
I have a QuickJack and use wood boards on it that go against the car, hopefully it will work without damaging anything.

OP
OP
Rb1987

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
So you are thinking of mounting the panel so it sandwiches the rail between the panel and the chassis and then just jacking on the panel?———yes, I hope it works out like that.

If the panel rattles or vibrates against the rail, I may put small amount of silicon between them to stop.
I have a QuickJack and use wood boards on it that go against the car, hopefully it will work without damaging anything.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Armacel...BdAztMhzLG94FMxtUSAaAilrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Might try and use this and run along the whole length. Its thin and compresses easily and the right width. I have a bunch leftover when I did my refrigeration lines. With some wood between the quickjack and panel i doubt any damage especially if theres no space between the rail and panel. In that sense id rather the panel flex out a bit else it will act as a press brake.

Sponsored

KevinMar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hi! I just installed by flat floor kit this weekend. I have the Steeda G-Trac Brace as well as ZL1AddOns pinch weld jack points. I needed to cut out some of the panels and brackets, but it all went together pretty easily. My jack points are totally available and my floor is far more flat!

KevinMar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If possible, could you post some pictures of your install?
I cannot post images of the exact modifications as they are mostly hidden now. During the install I simply traced out the areas with interference and cut them out.
Let me know if there's a specific component you have questions about.

OP
OP
Rb1987

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Hi! I just installed by flat floor kit this weekend. I have the Steeda G-Trac Brace as well as ZL1AddOns pinch weld jack points. I needed to cut out some of the panels and brackets, but it all went together pretty easily. My jack points are totally available and my floor is far more flat!
Thanks for sharing. Those pinch weld jack points are cool, way less cutting out putting those on versus the jack rail. Did you have to cut out additional panel so you can get the jacks lift plate fully around the ZL1addons or do they project out past the panel enough?

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
...the KB jacking rail.
Please keep the forum posted about how the KB rail holds up over time! I had Steeda ones rot out within 2 years. All the powdercoat had flaked off and by year 4 it was a dimpled mess. One ear of my jackstand even punched through the rusty rail when I lowered the car! I have pictures in another thread.
They refused to warranty it - blamed road salt and "atmospheric conditions." Lifetime warranty doesn't seem to mean much.

I don't care about a couple hundred dollars, I just want to do it once and forget about it but the Kenny Brown rails have very little feedback.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Please keep the forum posted about how the KB rail holds up over time! I had Steeda ones rot out within 2 years. All the powdercoat had flaked off and by year 4 it was a dimpled mess. One ear of my jackstand even punched through the rusty rail when I lowered the car! I have pictures in another thread.
They refused to warranty it - blamed road salt and "atmospheric conditions." Lifetime warranty doesn't seem to mean much.

I don't care about a couple hundred dollars, I just want to do it once and forget about it but the Kenny Brown rails have very little feedback.
Going to be hard to find a rail that will hold up to NY winters unless someone makes it out of stainless steel.

I've had my Steeda rails on the car since early 2019 and they're still in perfect shape, but we don't have to deal with road salt and NY winters down here in GA.

Highoctanecobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
O

With the weather improving I hope to get KB jacking rails and flat bottom kit on soon. Definitely will get some pics and feedback.

I am glad to be getting the Steeda rails off as well, mine are rusted also. Since I have seen how the Steeda rails hold up, the Lifetime Warranty is especially meaningless because I don’t want their jacking rails back on my car. The bottom of my car hasn’t gotten rusty, it is lame that their rails rusted at all, let alone how quickly and badly they rusted.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Going to be hard to find a rail that will hold up to NY winters unless someone makes it out of stainless steel.

I've had my Steeda rails on the car since early 2019 and they're still in perfect shape, but we don't have to deal with road salt and NY winters down here in GA.
Well if we all lived in a perfectly dry state none of this would matter. Ford could save a lot of money and pass on the high quality coated steels. Of course, Ford can be sued and then there would be safety recalls and so on. But man, my exhaust and rear rotors are also five years old just like the Steeda rails and they weren't nearly as bad as Steeda's "powdercoated" piece. And brake rotors are just cast iron, not even steel. I mean look at the giant chunks flaking off! My underbody is beautiful, the exhaust is thin wall steel and of course it has rust but it's not rotten, same roads, same car.

And also, I Steeda is hyping their awesome powder coat process and resistance to salt spray in another thread. And also their lifetime warranty, which they refused to honor in my case because of "chemicals" (salt spray).
IMG_4672.jpeg
Sponsored