Sponsored

Question about wheels Steeda say 10” wide fit square set up and American Muscle says 10” rear only.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes its the Forged ones, they don't make the flow formed wheels in G87 sizes. I actually like the OEM wheels on the M2. They come standard with in 19X9.5 and 20X10.5, what everyone is dissappointed with is the fact they are an exact copy of the M3/4 wheels but they aren't forged like the M3/M4 and therefore weigh about 5-6lbs lighter than the BMW M2 930 wheels. I am just going to run some 12mm spacers on all 4 corners and it really brings out the looks with the M2.

Sorry for the thread jack but an M2 with spacers and a mild drop with Eibach springs.

TR Red M2 Eibach.png

x3ZxRtL.jpeg
That looks pretty darn good (and I’m not a fan of the look of the new M2). Are the factory wheels flow formed at least? Sounds like they might be if they’re only 5-6 lbs heavier than the forged wheels that used to come stock. A cast wheel would be a lot heavier, especially in 19 and 20”.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
That looks pretty darn good (and I’m not a fan of the look of the new M2). Are the factory wheels flow formed at least? Sounds like they might be if they’re only 5-6 lbs heavier than the forged wheels that used to come stock. A cast wheel would be a lot heavier, especially in 19 and 20”.

I believe they are, the fronts weigh 27lbs and the rears are 29lbs while the forged version of these wheels are 23lbs and 24lbs. In BMW world that would be the 825M wheels. The M2 comes with the 930M wheels.

Here is another red one with all black wheels, mine will be machined outer, gloss black inner.

0pi1dll10ijm0lq53og9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jvezz

jvezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
This is what LMR wrote me:

"The recommended tire size for a 19x10 wheel will be a 285/35/19, unfortunately, a 275 sized tire may be slightly stretched and isn't recommended on a 10" wide wheel. We also have not attempted to use a 40 series sidewall height, I do highly recommend using 285/35/19 tires all around if you plan on using 19x10 wheels all around."

So I guess this is what I will go with. The good thing with 35s I have an excuse to lower it later haha

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I’m having the same problem as OP. AM tells me a 20x10 40mm offset is rear only. They recommend an 8.5 or 0.5 front only with a no more than 255 tire. Meanwhile, LMR has a 20x10 40mm offset square wheel setup with 275/35/20 front and 305/35/20 rear. I’m rpretty sure the 20x10 40mm offset is fine all around, but these aftermarket suppliers are inconsistent between companies on answers. Can be a very expensive mistake given the wrong answer lol
When it comes to aftermarket parts, I'd trust American Muscle's advice the least out of just about every vendor out there except those on Temu.

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 premium GT A10 3.55s
When it comes to aftermarket parts, I'd trust American Muscle's advice the least out of just about every vendor out there except those on Temu.
Fair enough lol so far, LMR, ESS, and Lund have been great for responses. I have not given any of them business yet, I’m planning my build out. They’ve all been more than helpful and answer questions I don’t ask on top of my question. Including saving me money where I don’t need to spend it.

Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
I have been going crazy with different vendors
Some say their wheels will not work with offset of 30 35 and 40 275 and 285 not one straight answer all the same size wheels.
I see photos with them working
I am totally lost and a little nervous about spending money and they don't fit.
I may just go smaller 9.5 square 275 40 19 that's another thing looking up rim to tire size some say 275 is to big for 9.5 wheels ugh!!
Check your selected tire specs to nail down the allowable tire widths on a 9.5" wheel. For example, I run 9.5x19(+30) rims (square, no spacers) with a Continental DWS-06 tire in 275/35. Continental allows up to 285's for the DWS-06 on a 9.5×19 rim. I'm not lowered and the fender gap is a bit much with the 35 sidewall, so next time I will try 275/40s or I may lower the car a bit. :)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is what LMR wrote me:

"The recommended tire size for a 19x10 wheel will be a 285/35/19, unfortunately, a 275 sized tire may be slightly stretched and isn't recommended on a 10" wide wheel. We also have not attempted to use a 40 series sidewall height, I do highly recommend using 285/35/19 tires all around if you plan on using 19x10 wheels all around."

So I guess this is what I will go with. The good thing with 35s I have an excuse to lower it later haha
Billy Johnson wrote this article a few years back. It’s really good and worth the read. You can absolutely run 275 on a 10” wheel, in some cases it may actually be the ideal size.

As for a 40 profile tire, the Performance Pack cars run 275/40/19 in the rears stock from factory, so you’re fine there. 285/40/19 is a hard size to find, so that may be where LMR is coming from. 285/35 is the most common size for that wheel though, can’t go wrong there.

https://motoiq.com/how-to-properly-select-and-size-tires-for-performance/

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Fair enough lol so far, LMR, ESS, and Lund have been great for responses. I have not given any of them business yet, I’m planning my build out. They’ve all been more than helpful and answer questions I don’t ask on top of my question. Including saving me money where I don’t need to spend it.
I’m not tuned but just an FYI that Lund may not be the best option out there anymore. Wengerd is on here and a lot of people seem to like his tunes. Livernois is another one on the forum that gets good reviews. There’s threads about tuners here, I suggest taking a look and ask lots of questions there too.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
They used to be pretty decent, I don’t know what happened to them. But I agree, they’re at the bottom of the list for me too. Lethal Performance, CJPP, Beefcake, LMR, Steeda. All better options than AM.

Sponsored

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 premium GT A10 3.55s
They used to be pretty decent, I don’t know what happened to them. But I agree, they’re at the bottom of the list for me too. Lethal Performance, CJPP, Beefcake, LMR, Steeda. All better options than AM.
I usually stick to CJPP, LMR, steeda, then AM. Beefcake is below AM imo. Seen a lot of poor reviews on lead times and lies, so I don’t do business with them. (To be fair, Lethal is actively making lies about the new whipple for the s650 though, so they may join that list soon too)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I usually stick to CJPP, LMR, steeda, then AM. Beefcake is below AM imo. Seen a lot of poor reviews on lead times and lies, so I don’t do business with them. (To be fair, Lethal is actively making lies about the new whipple for the s650 though, so they may join that list soon too)
I hear you. I’ve bought a few things from Lethal, no issues. Not a fan of their collab with StreetSpeed717 on the S650 Whipple (dude’s not even a Mustang guy, he’s a Vette guy but whatever). Won’t prevent me from buying stuff from them though.

I’ve not bought anything from Beefcake but Terry is pretty active here and most folks here seem to like him and his business.

CJPP and LMR are my biggest go-to’s. Steeda usually has some good sales too, especially their Black Friday sale. That’s usually when I buy direct from them.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't think you can go wrong with sizing on the tire/wheel packages LMR offers.
Sponsored