Question about online tunes vs local tunes

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hello, if theres already a thread on this please direct me to it. Recently I decided to get a tune, after picking up a set of Texas speed long tubes, and a PMAS intake. I was wondering if the difference between an online tune or a local one is worth it. I was thinking of going with Lund since they are allegedly one of the best. I have also heard good things about Shoemaker. What would you guys recommend? I also live in South Florida and heard about getting tuned locally by Custom Speed Creations or DF Performance. If you know any other shops please let me know!
Lawn Racing is obviously most people's choice and they are at the top of the list for obvious reasons (I meant LUND Racing 🤦😬🤣)

anyhow, I went with @Wengerd Performance his turn around/communication is excellent and many many people are satisfied with him including myself. He got around doing 1 revision when I first got tuned and even after adding some other supporting mods to my FI setup the datalogs were always spot on 👌 and most importantly the car drives and pulls incredible 🏁

If you live in Florida/Miami I'd drive to PBD and have them dyno tune it while you wait. Ken is a badass and I believe he's back handling things firsthand. As for Shoemaker, I think he specializes in shoemaking and not so much tuning.... 🤦 j/k... I don't know him personally or ever got a tune from him (apparently he's a sought after tuner in our s550 community) Sorry for the jokes, tooo much pre workout 😅
Sponsored

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Lawn Racing is obviously most people's choice and they are at the top of the list for obvious reasons (I meant LUND Racing 🤦😬🤣)

anyhow, I went with @Wengerd Performance his turn around/communication is excellent and many many people are satisfied with him including myself. He got around doing 1 revision when I first got tuned and even after adding some other supporting mods to my FI setup the datalogs were always spot on 👌 and most importantly the car drives and pulls incredible 🏁

If you live in Florida/Miami I'd drive to PBD and have them dyno tune it while you wait. Ken is a badass and I believe he's back handling things firsthand. As for Shoemaker, I think he specializes in shoemaking and not so much tuning.... 🤦 j/k... I don't know him personally or ever got a tune from him (apparently he's a sought after tuner in our s550 community) Sorry for the jokes, tooo much pre workout 😅
Shoemaker don't work for PBD anymore, he is on his own he tuned my car that's who my shop use they do all the data logging and everything and all i have to do is let it rip

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Shoemaker don't work for PBD anymore, he is on his own he tuned my car that's who my shop use they do all the data logging and everything and all i have to do is let it rip
Yea I know he's not at PBD. When I first got my s550 I wanted it tuned by (Ken) but at that time it seemed ss if gt500 were priorities. Ken tuned new edge many moons ago and he did it with his eyes closed. The car ran hard (N/A setup but had a trick flow heads n cams kit) Never needed a revision. If It were my choice "locally" and available I'd go with Ken. I later.fpund out about Wengered and couldn't be happier unless I start bleeding cash and comparing tunes with Lund and PBD (Ken)

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yea I know he's not at PBD. When I first got my s550 I wanted it tuned by (Ken) but at that time it seemed ss if gt500 were priorities. Ken tuned new edge many moons ago and he did it with his eyes closed. The car ran hard (N/A setup but had a trick flow heads n cams kit) Never needed a revision. If It were my choice "locally" and available I'd go with Ken. I later.fpund out about Wengered and couldn't be happier unless I start bleeding cash and comparing tunes with Lund and PBD (Ken)
I had a new edge that he tuned (Ken)

OP
OP

Royb2120

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Ive heard good things about Wengerd, definitely gotta look into them. Also, I feel you about the preworkout😂

Sponsored

OP
OP

Royb2120

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A lot of the shops still use these guys they will up load it and do all the data logging and went you get it back all you got to do is SEND IT. Shoemaker FTW
Sounds good, heard a crazy amount of good things from Shoemaker cars.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Ive heard good things about Wengerd, definitely gotta look into them. Also, I feel you about the preworkout😂
Wengerd did mine. It runs amazing. Did my 10r80 too. Shifts a lot better.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Wengerd did mine. It runs amazing. Did my 10r80 too. Shifts a lot better.
You boosted? Cause you haven't seen hard shifts in a 10R80 till you stepped into a Roush and put it in TRACK mode them tried to drive around the city at normal speeds.

As for me, I'm having DRP Motorsports tune mine. RTD should arrive today or tomorrow and I'll go through the steps. Will bookmark this and post back in a week or so.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
You boosted? Cause you haven't seen hard shifts in a 10R80 till you stepped into a Roush and put it in TRACK mode them tried to drive around the city at normal speeds.

As for me, I'm having DRP Motorsports tune mine. RTD should arrive today or tomorrow and I'll go through the steps. Will bookmark this and post back in a week or so.
No I'm NA. And the Trans does shift hard in track and sport too. But regular old drive is so much better. Shifts more like sport used to. Doesn't run immediately to 10th gear at 35 mph any more. I always had to drive in sport before even on the highway at 70.. I'm very pleased with it.
Sponsored