Sponsored

Question about guide pins, front/rear Ecoboost 2 piston hardware and brakes in particular.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
So I'm scrounging for parts for an upcoming pad/rotor swap...I've found some bolt/pin kits for the rears, and bolt kits for the front, but I can't find front guide pins like for the rears. Dumb question...but do the 2 piston standard front brakes not have guide pins or something?

Just saying...here's what I've found so far. Am I missing something...

Ford W716471-S439 Mustang Brake Caliper Bolt Kit V6 2015-2017/ EcoBoost/ GT 2015-2022 (cjponyparts.com)

Ford FR3Z-2C150-D Mustang Brake Caliper Bolts And Slide Pins Rear Kit V6 2015-2017/ EcoBoost/ GT 2015-2022 (cjponyparts.com)
Sponsored

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
From my knowledge, they are floating and have to have pins!

Nearby auto part store? I’d go aftermarket if factory can’t be sourced cheap/easily. So long as pins are clean and greased they shouldn’t be a problem.

OP
OP

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
From my knowledge, they are floating and have to have pins!

Nearby auto part store? I’d go aftermarket if factory can’t be sourced cheap/easily. So long as pins are clean and greased they shouldn’t be a problem.
That's kind of what I mean, haha. I can easily track the rears, but the fronts? It's like as if they don't exist; literally lol.

I imagine I'm just going to end up going the clean/reuse route since it's like a dead-end as far as easily finding OEM stuff for all front/rear.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
That's kind of what I mean, haha. I can easily track the rears, but the fronts? It's like as if they don't exist; literally lol.

I imagine I'm just going to end up going the clean/reuse route since it's like a dead-end as far as easily finding OEM stuff for all front/rear.
I think thats quite alright! I’ve brake cleaned/wire wheeled a number of slide pins in my life lol.

OP
OP

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I think thats quite alright! I’ve brake cleaned/wire wheeled a number of slide pins in my life lol.
Honestly...if it's not truly torque to yield legit like chevy tends to do, I imagine just about everybody reuses just about everything way more often than they would care to admit lol. I'm just going to loctite/grease everything and whatever...

Sponsored

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Honestly...if it's not truly torque to yield legit like chevy tends to do, I imagine just about everybody reuses just about everything way more often than they would care to admit lol. I'm just going to loctite/grease everything and whatever...
Agreed, some of the replace everything shenanigans on here crack me up.

Though I like to swap important reusable bolts if they are just a few bucks.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So I'm scrounging for parts for an upcoming pad/rotor swap...I've found some bolt/pin kits for the rears, and bolt kits for the front, but I can't find front guide pins like for the rears. Dumb question...but do the 2 piston standard front brakes not have guide pins or something?

Just saying...here's what I've found so far. Am I missing something...

Ford W716471-S439 Mustang Brake Caliper Bolt Kit V6 2015-2017/ EcoBoost/ GT 2015-2022 (cjponyparts.com)

Ford FR3Z-2C150-D Mustang Brake Caliper Bolts And Slide Pins Rear Kit V6 2015-2017/ EcoBoost/ GT 2015-2022 (cjponyparts.com)
The rear pins are the same ones for the front 2 piston calipers. Fits both ends.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

The clean/reuse route will only work for 3-400,000 miles, then you'll have to replace. Get some emery cloth or scotchbright and tune them up before reinstalling. You'll be fine.
Sponsored