PS4 or XBOne?

which console

• Total voters

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
my main concern with the two consoles is the install time for the two when first inserting a game. I have both consoles, and someone did a comparison between the two on install times and the XB1 took 15 minutes for one game, and the PS4 took a maximum of 49 seconds. Also the XB1 doesnt allow you to play the game at all while its updating that specific game, and the PS 4 allows you to play, just not online. Not to mention IMO the PS4 controller is far superior to the XB1. And ive never owned a Playstation prior because i didnt like their controllers.
Sponsored

aiza55

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gari.pk
First Name
Aiza
Vehicle(s)
Willys M38
If the only reason you like the Xbox 1 is the controller you shouldn't buy it. You have to take in features and online gaming into account and what console offers the better exclusives. From what I currently know the PS4 has a Kill zone game coming out and a Infamous game I think.

rduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
Xbox 1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bwaugh06

Threads
Reaction score
PC gaming offers a less casual and more memorable experience than console gaming and in my opinion has most of the greatest gaming franchises of all time when compared to any single console.

PC gaming franchises:
Doom
Quake
Command & Conquer
Diablo
Half life
Age of Empires
SimCity
Team Fortress
Counter-Strike
Starcraft
Civilization
Warcraft (WoW)
Guild Wars
Unreal Tournament
The Elder Scrolls
Portal
GTA
Battlefield
Call of Duty
Left 4 Dead
Natural Selection
etc.

(Yes, CoD, GTA, BF, TES all started on PC before adoption by consoles)

My point is PC gaming is worth trying! Give it a go! Nothing wrong with consoles and i've owned pretty much all of them but in my opinion those who only console game miss much of the gaming experience.

Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
PC gaming offers a less casual and more memorable experience than console gaming and in my opinion has most of the greatest gaming franchises of all time when compared to any single console.

PC gaming franchises:
Doom
Quake
Command & Conquer
Diablo
Half life
Age of Empires
SimCity
Team Fortress
Counter-Strike
Starcraft
Civilization
Warcraft (WoW)
Guild Wars
Unreal Tournament
The Elder Scrolls
Portal
GTA
Battlefield
Call of Duty
Left 4 Dead
Natural Selection
etc.

(Yes, CoD, GTA, BF, TES all started on PC before adoption by consoles)

My point is PC gaming is worth trying! Give it a go! Nothing wrong with consoles and i've owned pretty much all of them but in my opinion those who only console game miss much of the gaming experience.
PC gaming is great and all, but to have a decent gaming computer takes a good chunk of change. And if you want the best, well that's way too much money lol. I think consoles offer a more affordable alternative. well at least after the consoles come down in price lol.

Wade

Threads
Reaction score
Pee Ess Fo

It's fun for late night shenanigans after everyone goes to bed. Relatively cheap entertainment for an old fart like me.

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT w/ PP
I have the XBox One, mainly because I like online gaming and XBox is the best for that. Plus, imo, XBox has the best exclusive titles in games suchas Titanfall, DeadRising 3, and Halo. They have many more and just seem to keep growing. I love the kinect integration as well... it's an all-around incredible entertainment system that does everything.

*AANNDD if you any of you want to play some Titanfall, BF4, or get your hind-haunches handed to you in Madden 25, my gamertag is: BroWatchThis :headbang:

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
I haven't picked up a COD game in years, tbh I really don't play games or watch tv since getting my real job lol. 8-6, come home, work out, eat, shower, bed, repeat.
Same here, man! But instead of 8-6, I've been working 6-6, 6-7 days a week. Exhausting for sure!

Wade

Threads
Reaction score
PC gaming is great and all, but to have a decent gaming computer takes a good chunk of change. And if you want the best, well that's way too much money lol. I think consoles offer a more affordable alternative. well at least after the consoles come down in price lol.
I hear that. I used to love gaming on my PC, but keeping up with hardware requirements gets exhausting and expensive. Great thing about a PS4 or Bone is a) hard to beat gaming from your couch on a 60" and b) no monkeying with hardware/settings to get the best framerate/detail.

Don't regret getting the PS4 over the Bone and ditching my gaming PC one bit. Cannot wait for the Uncharted trilogy and The Last of Us to be ported to the PS4.

And I really can't wait for The Division. Hopefully, Microsoft will get their head out of their ass and allow for cross platform play.

Sponsored

Steve@CJPP

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT Prem PP
I have the XBox One, mainly because I like online gaming and XBox is the best for that. Plus, imo, XBox has the best exclusive titles in games suchas Titanfall, DeadRising 3, and Halo. They have many more and just seem to keep growing. I love the kinect integration as well... it's an all-around incredible entertainment system that does everything.

*AANNDD if you any of you want to play some Titanfall, BF4, or get your hind-haunches handed to you in Madden 25, my gamertag is: BroWatchThis :headbang:
Coming from xbox to PS4 I will have to disagree.

-The Last of Us (200+ GOTY Awards & said by some as the best game ever)
-Infamous Series
-Uncharted Series
-Drive Club (Coming Soon)
-The Order: 1886 (Coming Soon)

Last thing for me is the controller on the PS4 is awesome so much more than any xbox controller I had in the 8 years I was a xbox owner. The new xbox controller is not comfortable at all to me, its just to bulky.

As far as entertainment system goes for some that is great but I want to play games so I bought just that a gaming system. I honestly don't miss my xbox and I didn't think that was possible.

Wade

Threads
Reaction score
If you want a PC entertainment system, get a PS3. Still the best bluray player ever and access to Netflix, Hulu, and amazon prime, and a host of other goodies without the paywall that Microsoft makes you have (Microsoft Live)? It's awesome.

The PS4 doesn't require you to pay to use OTHER pay services such as Amazon prime, Netflix, or Hulu either. The PS+ network is totally optional (and awesome).

That's one thing MS completely screwed up on: Requiring you to pay to MS Live to use services that Sony lets you have access to for free.

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
Coming from xbox to PS4 I will have to disagree.

-The Last of Us (200+ GOTY Awards & said by some as the best game ever)
-Infamous Series
-Uncharted Series
-Drive Club (Coming Soon)
-The Order: 1886 (Coming Soon)

Last thing for me is the controller on the PS4 is awesome so much more than any xbox controller I had in the 8 years I was a xbox owner. The new xbox controller is not comfortable at all to me, its just to bulky.

As far as entertainment system goes for some that is great but I want to play games so I bought just that a gaming system. I honestly don't miss my xbox and I didn't think that was possible.
I'll respectfully disagree as well, especially since all the games you listed are strictly Single Player games (I want MULTIplayer). Anyone who loves multiplayer gaming will tell you flat out that XBox or PC blow PS away.

Of course, it all comes down to personal preference and I just prefer XBox.

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
If you want a PC entertainment system, get a PS3. Still the best bluray player ever and access to Netflix, Hulu, and amazon prime, and a host of other goodies without the paywall that Microsoft makes you have (Microsoft Live)? It's awesome.

The PS4 doesn't require you to pay to use OTHER pay services such as Amazon prime, Netflix, or Hulu either. The PS+ network is totally optional (and awesome).

That's one thing MS completely screwed up on: Requiring you to pay to MS Live to use services that Sony lets you have access to for free.
That's not true. New update to XBox Live does not require you to be a gold member (paying) to access Netflix, Hulu, etc. anymore. This will take effect in June, so PS has lost that edge entirely. XBox will officially offer the best online experience, and even if you did have to pay, it would still be the best online experience :)

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
That's not true. New update to XBox Live does not require you to be a gold member (paying) to access Netflix, Hulu, etc. anymore. This will take effect in June, so PS has lost that edge entirely. XBox will officially offer the best online experience, and even if you did have to pay, it would still be the best online experience :)
All PS4 has left going for it is that its a slightly faster console and first party exclusives. Xbox One FTW!
Sponsored