Proximity sensor for trunk?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I had a 2013 V6 Accord for almost 8 years and one of the features I really liked was the proximity sensors. If I approached the driver door and touch the handle only the driver door would unlock, if I approached the passenger side handle all doors would unlock and when I approached the trunk and touched the trunk open button that's under the lid only the trunk would open. On the Mustang I noticed that when I approach the trunk it will not open unless I touch the door handles first or if I use the fob to unlock it. Is this a setting or this feature is not present on the Mustang?

Thank you
David T
Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Find the unlock button under the trunk, you don't need to unlock the doors first as long as you have your fob with you.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Find the unlock button under the trunk, you don't need to unlock the doors first as long as you have your fob with you.
I tried that and it didn't unlock for me. The button above the tag only works when I unlock the doors or use the fob to unlock and then I can open the trunk using the button

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yep, check your settings in the console/dash, where I have my key fob in pocket, with my car fully locked, I can open my trunk by just pressing the exterior release button.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yep, check your settings in the console/dash, where I have my key fob in pocket, with my car fully locked, I can open my trunk by just pressing the exterior release button.
Do you where this setting can be found?

Voodoo 65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 Heritage Edition
Thank you all for the feedback.
I have the same problem with my brand new 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition with the trunk not opening when the doors are locked. The proximity sensor is suppose to pick up the signal on your key fob when you are near and allow you to unlock/open the trunk without unlocking the doors on your remote first. I chatted with Soulja4187 and he advised that the dealership had to replace his proximity sensor to get it to work. This also affects the "reminder honk" when your engine is running and you exit your car with your key fob. In my case, it is intermittent. I did try to troubleshoot the hell out of this problem, including checking the antenna module inside the trunk located inside the rear plastic panel behind the tail lights. The module was plugged in and wires looked okay. I will be scheduling an appointment with the dealership and update this thread when it's fixed.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I need to check that my trunk works like that; hopefully I'll remember next time I use it :).

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
This, mine unlocks with the doors locked and fob in my pocket. If the fob is near the front of the car mine won't work.
I have noticed that occasionally I have to press the button a second time for it to unlock. The doors are the same way, occasionally I have to operate the handle twice. I've always assumed that was because I just walked up to the car and the sensor hadn't quite registered the fob yet.

Take it back to the dealer. Something isn't right.
This too. If it's not working it's something the dealer should fix.

I don't remember my EB Premium having any settings to turn that on or off. Maybe my trim level just doesn't have it?

Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
my MY2019 trunk will unlock with doors locked as well, IF the fob is in range (in my pocket), by pressing the button on the outside

i see the 2 saying it not working (so far) both have 2020's.. something might have changed.. *shrugs*

Night Mare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
On here it seems quite a few 2020's have this issue, including me. I haven't bothered to have the dealership look at mine yet.

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
This, mine unlocks with the doors locked and fob in my pocket. If the fob is near the front of the car mine won't work.
Mine works when my fob is in the house and the doors are locked