Sponsored

Problems with Sync after iOS 9 Upgrade

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Is anyone that has upgraded to iOS 9 having any bluetooth problems with their cars? I upgraded my phone today and now when I get in the car and start up, the phone connects to the car, like usual, but then it starts some sort of bizarro phantom phone call. The car shows a call is connected but obviously it's not. I can try hitting End Call from the MFT screen but it doesn't work.

It seems like I can get it to end the call by waking the phone up, then locking it - that ends the call. But then if I unlock the phone again the phantom call starts right back up.

I was fiddling with things and at one point I turned off Siri completely - that stopped the issues from occurring. Turned Siri back on and it started up again.

Anyone else that has upgraded seeing problems like this?
Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
I've noticed that before, as well, even prior to iOS 9. For whatever reason, when Siri is used this phantom call follows. However, it has never hindered my ability to listen to music via BT or receive calls etc. so I wouldn't worry.

OP
OP
unintelligible

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
The problem is, I didn't use Siri at all. It was just as I described - get into the car, start it up, and a "call" begins. Can't listen to any audio - BT, Sirius, FM, AM, anything, because the car thinks a call is connected. It renders the entire audio system inoperable. This is a massive issue and the only 2 options I see are either (a) disable Siri on iPhone, or (b) don't use bluetooth in the car - both of which are massively unacceptable.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
The problem is, I didn't use Siri at all. It was just as I described - get into the car, start it up, and a "call" begins. Can't listen to any audio - BT, Sirius, FM, AM, anything, because the car thinks a call is connected. It renders the entire audio system inoperable. This is a massive issue and the only 2 options I see are either (a) disable Siri on iPhone, or (b) don't use bluetooth in the car - both of which are massively unacceptable.
Ah, I see sorry I misunderstood. I haven't used my car with Sync post iOS 9 but in the name of science I just went out to my car right now and had zero issues. My only recommendation would be to first...

In your car
1.Tap on the Phone Quadrant
2. Tap on Settings/ Phone (I forgot the exact path) it may be a combination of both
3. Under Devices tap on yours and a "Delete" option should be listed on the bottom right hand corner

Now go to your iPhone

1. Go to Settings
2. Bluetooth
3. Tap on the information icon next to Sync
4. Tap on Forget This Device

This will completely un-pair the devices from one another. Now you must re-pair the devices and see if that solves the issue.

OP
OP
unintelligible

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Ah, I see sorry I misunderstood. I haven't used my car with Sync post iOS 9 but in the name of science I just went out to my car right now and had zero issues. My only recommendation would be to first...

In your car
1.Tap on the Phone Quadrant
2. Tap on Settings/ Phone (I forgot the exact path) it may be a combination of both
3. Under Devices tap on yours and a "Delete" option should be listed on the bottom right hand corner

Now go to your iPhone

1. Go to Settings
2. Bluetooth
3. Tap on the information icon next to Sync
4. Tap on Forget This Device

This will completely un-pair the devices from one another. Now you must re-pair the devices and see if that solves the issue.
Yeah, sorry - should have mentioned I write software for a living so the first thing I did was all of this :)

So just to confirm you have the full MFT touchscreen Sync system and have iOS 9 and everything's working fine for you? If so - sounds like I'm fucked :)

Sponsored

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have iOS 9 and 9.1 beta, haven't run into any problems on MFT with either of them.

Has this happened before the update?

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
no problems here. BT connected and played music just fine on my commute to work.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Yeah, sorry - should have mentioned I write software for a living so the first thing I did was all of this :)

So just to confirm you have the full MFT touchscreen Sync system and have iOS 9 and everything's working fine for you? If so - sounds like I'm fucked :)
Haha nice! That is correct MFT Touchscreen and iOS 9.

Have you tried a master reset of the Sync system?

Here's a video for those that don't know how to do the master reset
[ame]

This system is weird the other day mine just stopped randomly working and I got the blue screen of death along with a Windows XP styled pop up before it restarted itself with the sync performing schedule vehicle maintenance screen :shrug:

Last edited:

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Mine has been working fine with bluetooth after the IOS 9 update. I have noticed when using google maps (before upgrade and since), it would show I am connected to myself on a call through the radio everytime google maps verbally stated the next turn as it played through bluetooth.

Felixthecat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT,300A, MT, PP
The same issues is happening to me. No audio and the Bluetooth will disconnect even though it will still recognize my phone with the antenna symbol.

I haven't tried the master reset. I'll give this a shot today.

Sponsored

Felixthecat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felix
Vehicle(s)
Just did a master reset. Still able to recognize the phone but will not play any audio. Not even through sync usb connection either.

OP
OP
unintelligible

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Just did a master reset. Still able to recognize the phone but will not play any audio. Not even through sync usb connection either.
Just out of curiosity, if you go into Settings on your phone and turn Siri off - does everything work fine?

Felixthecat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felix
Vehicle(s)
Just out of curiosity, if you go into Settings on your phone and turn Siri off - does everything work fine?
Turned off Siri. Still doesn't play the audio. I even restarted my phone and turned the car off and on just for good measure.

OP
OP
unintelligible

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Turned off Siri. Still doesn't play the audio. I even restarted my phone and turned the car off and on just for good measure.
Ok. And I went out to record a video of what mine was doing and guess what... it's working like normal again. I hate technology :headbonk: