Prevent front bumper damage on low curbs

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Just lineup the car head-in when parking. Stop halfway in. Open trunk and remove trunk cover. In the bottom of the sparetire hole You'll find two small plastic 'bags'. Take them out and line them up in front of the wheels close to that curb and blow them up. These are in fact two inflateable ramps designed to raise that bumper of Yours over the curbs. :ford::clap2:
Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Really? This helpful response was already mentioned in post #8 of this thread, and even had a pic.

My bad cupcake. Images weren't loading on my phone. Please accept my deepest apology for the giant waste of your time. I hope that my wasteful post has not caused any emotional distress.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Apparently you and I are the only two people that don't back into parking spaces.
I dont back in, only do so when the car is at a car show or a wedding
With the Cross Traffic warning, now much easier to back out, even in the dreaded shopping centres or motorway services

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I just leave like a 2ft gap so I never curb. XD

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've pulled up over curbs way to often in mine. Always surprised how well that surround under the front bumper goes from smashed and squeege'd right back to factory shape. Only scratches on my car are from me backing into a spot. The building was kind of made out of rough stone pillars and one of them blended into the background in my camera, stopped my car with a thud and now I have a blemish on my rear bumper that only me and all of you know about.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Same here. I stopped the "I always back my Mustang in" routine right after a mishap in the dark. Someone booby-trapped the spot that I backed into every night.

It's not worth it. I don't think it makes me "cool" to back in.

But I agree - practice makes perfect. Just stop well short, and then check your location after getting out. Adjust as necessary. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.