Sponsored

Premium Rear Valance on a base bumper??

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
How hard was adding the premium valence to the base bumper? Are all the mounting points there? I'd like to go premium valence and RTR diffuser, but if I don't need to buy a premium bumper and have it painted...I'd much rather go that route.
Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150

this is how mine turned out
How hard was adding the premium valence to the base bumper? Are all the mounting points there? I'd like to go premium valence and RTR diffuser, but if I don't need to buy a premium bumper and have it painted...I'd much rather go that route.

It was really hard..writing that check to my bodyshop guy.... Lol..
He said it was smooth..he changed the entire bumper..installed the valance and painted ..took just 2 days turnaround.

Everything seems to be for premium as farequested as quads..
If I did it again I would have went for premium car and gt350 rear diffuser. But RTR is awesome.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
yes that is correct, literally for 30 min i had a dremel on my hand debating if i should cut the bumper or not. After a cold brew... well the picture says it all.

Literally 1 day after i custom fab'd the bumper, black premium bumper was up for sale on craigslist for 150... :doh: Someone beat me to it.... :frusty:
haha, that's how it always turns out. i been looking on craigslist everyday for one too. no luck.

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
[MENTION=15930]HrDrift[/MENTION] What steps did you take to get the premium valence and RTR diffuser attached?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Have any pictures while in progress?

Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe using some of that peelable black paint stuff would work OK. I've used it initially on my rear spoiler to see if I wanted it black or not. Came out really good. I peeled it off a few days later, removed the spoiler and painted it with real paint once I knew it was what I wanted.

ISSA V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Custom body hottie
Simpler solution

For the folks that want a premium bumper on their base model, worried about cutting, fitment yada yada. Wouldn't a simpler solution be to get the rear valance panted satin (or gloss) black and get an MMD base diffuser paint matched to the car and mounted with some bolts (not just the adhesive that comes with the diffuser, since it sucks)

Or is there something I'm missing? It actually looks more aggressive than the premium bumper since the MMD one sticks out a bit more and has sharper edges.

Last edited:

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
The MMD base diffuser has/had quality issues.
Sponsored