Powdercoating Brake Calipers

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I've bought a set of calipers from Shelby Auctions and would like to have them powdercoated, does anyone know if they need to be disassembled for the powdercoating process?
Sponsored

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
Yes or else all the rubber will be melted

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
OP
OP
Vicr

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
G2 sells custom mixes for $125. I’ll order that as they have Triple Yellow. Thanks for the tip JD.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
G2 sells custom mixes for $125. I’ll order that as they have Triple Yellow. Thanks for the tip JD.
I wish I had known about that before I started on my motorcycle project a few years back. took apart the calipers, tore up the pistons doing it. no big deal, right? Can't find replacements ANYWHERE. so I Can't finish up the bike.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I'm a mechanical idiot, this was the only time I've ever had a car on 4 jack stands and only mod I've ever done, and it was very, very easy. Looks great as well, I must say.

And the company was great to work with, I ordered black right when the shutdowns started in March/April, but they sent me gold instead. I called them directly (Amazon order) and they rushed the black out to me 3 days later knowing they would probably never get the gold back. I'll try and return the gold at some point when things get back to normal.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I always wondered if they need to be disassembled or not, the brakes get up pretty high in temperature, i wouldn't think the temp of cooking a caliper in an oven would damage anything but for peace of mind i would do it to be safe