Sponsored

Pmas intake with gt350 manifold and 87mm throttle body

LBMs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Recaros LBM
Hey guys sorry for the post if this topic has been covered but I am unable to locate it. I'm looking into grabbing the GT 350 intake manifold along with the 87 mm throttlebody however I currently have a PMas intake on the car now has anybody used the Pmas along with the 87 mm throttlebody and manifold and if so how do to the fact that the provided silicone adapter that comes with the intake is probably too small.
Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I have this setup. A 4" straight coupler is all that is needed. Possibly a larger clamp for that side.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Just use the stock throttle body with an adapter for the GT350 mani. If you really want to use that throttle body just get a different coupler but I say save your money and put it towards something else instead of an 87mm.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I would also agree that unless you are looking for every last hp, skip the tb. I have it and did not pick up any substantial power with it but am dealing with some slight occasional drivability issues with it. Some have had no issues with theirs, I will get mine sorted out but it is taking some datalogging and revisions to get it sorted. Very minor issues though. Just not worth any issues unless some power is made. Maybe with the addition of cams there will be some gain from it.

OP
OP

LBMs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Recaros LBM
I was hesitant to post because I felt like it would be that simple as to just use a straight coupler however some of your replies are concerning especially about drivability issues my plan in the future once I install the manifold is to put a Paxton supercharger on the car. Would you recommend getting the 87 mm throttlebody especially if I'm planning on going for boost later on or do you still say the stock throttlebody is adequate. It's literally only $200 more

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I was hesitant to post because I felt like it would be that simple as to just use a straight coupler however some of your replies are concerning especially about drivability issues my plan in the future once I install the manifold is to put a Paxton supercharger on the car. Would you recommend getting the 87 mm throttlebody especially if I'm planning on going for boost later on or do you still say the stock throttlebody is adequate. It's literally only $200 more
I believe if you go on Alejandro's YouTube channel, he works and tunes for VMP. He made a really good video regarding throttle bodies and basically explained that unless you go with a Cobra Jet manifold, stick to the stock throttle body with adapter. Regardless of boost and whatever else.

Found it...

[ame]

Last edited:

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
70 dollar adapter over a 100 dollar tb?

AED tuned with the gt350 setup for almost a year now. 0 issues, no stalling bucking, surging and throttle response is spot on even at low rpms.

OP
OP

LBMs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Recaros LBM
The issue is I'm
Planning on boost so thinking the bigger tb will comd into play here.
Sponsored