Sponsored

Picking Out a 2015 V6: A Piece at a Time

johnkeel105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Focus SE
Hello,

I am a new joiner as of today to Mustang6G. I have been skulking around the forums for a few months and I am looking to get a new V6 Mustang ordered sometime around March-April. Like many of you I have poured over the specs and documentation about this car, dreamed of having one, and even drooled over a few of the photos. I hear from plenty of people, oh you should get the V8, but to me the V6 is enough and well, 50 years ago, that is a lot closer to what the car came with originally in its first generation.

While I have decided on most of what I want to get in this model. I still cannot decide between the 3.15 or 3.55 gear ratio. From reading I know there is a slight performance increase from this, but has the accompanying loss in fuel economy. I suppose I am struck between how neat it would be to get the best fuel economy out of a Mustang vs. how much fun it would be to take it to the track a few times a year for fun.

The build I am looking at thus far:

2015 V6 Mustang 051A Package
Magnetic Paint
Anti-Theft System
Spoiler Delete
Interior Lighting Kit
Sport Pedals
------------------------------------------------------------
3-18-15
Alright, I am a bit excited, today I am going to order the car! The final list of what I am getting is listed below.

The Specs:

-2015 V6 Mustang (Auto)
-051A Package
-3.55 Rear Gear Drive Ratio
-Magnetic Paint
-Anti-Theft System
-Spoiler Delete
-Interior Lighting Kit
-Sport Pedals

Late Additions:
-Spare Tire (Good Suggestion)
-Matte Black Side stripes (http://accessories.ford.com/exterior...cal-11067.html)
-LED Aluminum Sill

I think this should complete the car out nicely. I appriciate everyone's input and I think this will be a great car. I am thinking Matte Black Side stripes for the most part, still not completely sure on that.

Any Thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5-13-15

Picked the car up from the dealership yesterday, thought I would throw down a few photos :)
11012449_10204013979527653_8422344939354874960_n.jpg
11149234_10204013979127643_6337803244473913405_n.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I've only driven then 3.55 ratio (mine), so I can't compare it to the 3.15. However, I can say that it's great. MPG is still very good. I've done over the EPA estimates before doing 30mpg on a 30 mile trip.

I'd recommend the spare tire, too. It's kind of ridiculous that it doesn't come with a spare tire in the first place.

And it really seems like most of us V6 owners have magnetic paint. Looks amazing so nice choice there.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Hello,

I am a new joiner as of today to Mustang6G. I have been skulking around the forums for a few months and I am looking to get a new V6 Mustang ordered sometime around March-April. Like many of you I have poured over the specs and documentation about this car, dreamed of having one, and even drooled over a few of the photos. I hear from plenty of people, oh you should get the V8, but to me the V6 is enough and well, 50 years ago, that is a lot closer to what the car came with originally in its first generation.

While I have decided on most of what I want to get in this model. I still cannot decide between the 3.15 or 3.55 gear ratio. From reading I know there is a slight performance increase from this, but has the accompanying loss in fuel economy. I suppose I am struck between how neat it would be to get the best fuel economy out of a Mustang vs. how much fun it would be to take it to the track a few times a year for fun.

The build I am looking at thus far:

2015 V6 Mustang 051A Package
Magnetic Paint
Anti-Theft System
Spoiler Delete
Interior Lighting Kit
Sport Pedals

Any Thoughts?
First off, Welcome to the forums! Secondly getting a V6 is a great choice, I ordered mine and should get it before the end of March. I think your choices are very good and I actually forgot to order mine with the spare tire but as to the sport pedals- well I would get the cheaper online somewhere and install them myself. This way it saves $100 or so bucks which factors into your payment. Interior lighting is also good, I didn't have money for that but if I did I would get parking sensors instead.
Mine is Magnetic Gray as well so enjoy and welcome to the club!

ajfrench

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic V6,051A, AT
Magnetic

Magnetic seems to be a popular choice for the owners of V6's. Got mine right off the lot Dec.4. 3.15 ratio gears, 051A Pkg. Bought the spare after a couple weeks of contemplating what might happen if sidewall blew out. Went in to dealer today to get bottle of touch up paint and was told that it wasn't even available yet. What's up with that? Got to fix up stone chips.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic seems to be a popular choice for the owners of V6's. Got mine right off the lot Dec.4. 3.15 ratio gears, 051A Pkg. Bought the spare after a couple weeks of contemplating what might happen if sidewall blew out. Went in to dealer today to get bottle of touch up paint and was told that it wasn't even available yet. What's up with that? Got to fix up stone chips.
You bought the spare? Can I do that since it's not coming with the car? Does it intrude on trunk space or fit in a well?

Sponsored

OP
OP

johnkeel105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Focus SE
I think getting a spare would be good, but I have wondered alot about that. Is the spare regular size or smaller, how big is it?

ajfrench

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic V6,051A, AT
Got spare from the dealership, around $240. It's a donut spare, 18 in., that fits perfectly in the well.

Black one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6, Ruby red conv,pkg 051
I just drove home smiling all the way.164 miles.i took Amtrak from Philly to Washington.The dealer was in Fairfax Va...... (They picked me up)Great deal. Drives great,great speakers,great comfort,great everything...... The only disappointment was them teaching me how to use Sync and program radio stations and they tried to charge me shop labor to install Sho n stow......I live in jersey and front plate BETTER be there.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Having driven the V6 with auto and manual, both with 3.15 and 3.55 (so all four combos), I would get the 3.15 manual. 3.55 definitely had an improvement in acceleration but the fuel economy loss was more than I could be ok with. You can see 30 mpg on the highway with 3.15 at 75 mph.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I got the 3.15 Auto, for me it's fast enough and I want the best possible fuel economy out of this car. It's the handling I'm more concerned with anyway and this car even in stock trim does an excellent job of holding the road especially with the 18in Foundry Wheels n tires. Eventually I may get summer tires and a spare set of wheels with Blizzaks to handle the winter driving duties. Mine should be here in about 3-4 weeks so I really can't wait!

Sponsored
OP
OP

johnkeel105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Focus SE
Alright, I am a bit excited, today I am going to order the car! The final list of what I am getting is listed below.

The Specs:

-2015 V6 Mustang (Auto)
-051A Package
-3.55 Rear Gear Drive Ratio
-Magnetic Paint
-Anti-Theft System
-Spoiler Delete
-Interior Lighting Kit
-Sport Pedals

Late Additions:
-Spare Tire (Good Suggestion)
-Matte Black or White Side stripes (http://accessories.ford.com/exterior/graphics-stripes-and-trim-kits/kit-decal-11067.html)
-LED Aluminum Door Sill

I think this should complete the car out nicely. I appriciate everyone's input and I think this will be a great car. I am thinking Matte Black Side stripes for the most part, still not completely sure on that.

Last edited:

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Having driven the V6 with auto and manual, both with 3.15 and 3.55 (so all four combos), I would get the 3.15 manual. 3.55 definitely had an improvement in acceleration but the fuel economy loss was more than I could be ok with. You can see 30 mpg on the highway with 3.15 at 75 mph.

Huh?

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Congrats, friend.

Are you getting a spoiler at some point? I find the body needs something there, but it's all subjective. : )

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase