Sponsored

Picked up my R and.....

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
For $80K, I'd be in something else. ;)
This is the dilemma for me. At 55-60k, the 350 track pack is a stretch. It made it into my garage somewhat due to uniqueness and ability, but largely due to manual tranny and rear seats. If I didn't have a ton of kids, I would have likely passed on the 350
Sponsored

Madigon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I'm a patient guy, but I don't have the resources or endurance to source the car you found. If I did, I probably would have bought your car instead of my non-R in the same config. Congratulations.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Update.
I made an appointment with my local dealer that did my oil cooler line recall on my track pack. The tech took my car out for a short drive and came back. They can't put the car on their alignment rack as the R's splitter is too low and long. The tech and service advisor talked and decided my best shot was to go to the same owner's VW shop just down the road. I went with the tech and they let me shadow at their VW service center. Their rack is a little more low profile but still no way it was going up. A few of the techs rigged wooden ramps and the car just made it up on the ramp. The car was way out of alignment . All 4 wheels pointed to the left. WTF?? Their was no signs of curbing or pot hole damage or anything like that. Also, the tires were grossly over inflated to 42psi.

This was all covered under warranty. I'm hoping that's the end of the minor gremlins. There are some aspects of the R where the quality was better than my track pack, so hopefully all is well now. It's better than when it left the factory!!

On a side note, I'm going to have to take the car to the area Porsche dealer if I ever want to do a track alignment. Sheesh!
That was pretty cool that the dealership was able to do that for you. Congrats on your R! :cheers:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Update.
I made an appointment with my local dealer that did my oil cooler line recall on my track pack. The tech took my car out for a short drive and came back. They can't put the car on their alignment rack as the R's splitter is too low and long. The tech and service advisor talked and decided my best shot was to go to the same owner's VW shop just down the road. I went with the tech and they let me shadow at their VW service center. Their rack is a little more low profile but still no way it was going up. A few of the techs rigged wooden ramps and the car just made it up on the ramp. The car was way out of alignment . All 4 wheels pointed to the left. WTF?? Their was no signs of curbing or pot hole damage or anything like that. Also, the tires were grossly over inflated to 42psi.

This was all covered under warranty. I'm hoping that's the end of the minor gremlins. There are some aspects of the R where the quality was better than my track pack, so hopefully all is well now. It's better than when it left the factory!!

On a side note, I'm going to have to take the car to the area Porsche dealer if I ever want to do a track alignment. Sheesh!
Sounds like your delivering dealer didn't do their new car prep correctly on the tire pressure.
Sponsored