Sponsored

Picked up my 2018 Mustang GT in Royal Crimson!

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The one thing that surprised me was your comment about the clutch effort. I've read/heard other reviewers of the '18 clutch say that it is like butter compared to the 2015-17 clutch. Maybe yours needs to break in? Hopefully nothing is wrong with it.
He wasn't comparing it to a 15-17 car.
Sponsored

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Is it me or is the 18' looking better and better everyday!! these photos look way better then what ever photographer ford used, Not sure if the lens was different for the press/brochure photos but they made the car look funny to me...Weird!!

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
the royal crimson reminds me of guard but just with red. Sometimes it looks like black, sometimes it looks like a dark non-metallic version of the color, but when things hit it right its very intricate. This or one of the blues would be my pick.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
the royal crimson reminds me of guard but just with red. Sometimes it looks like black, sometimes it looks like a dark non-metallic version of the color, but when things hit it right its very intricate. This or one of the blues would be my pick.
I own a 2012 Kona Blue 5.0, Sometimes it looks blue, sometimes it looks purple, sometime it looks bluish purple, or black even. Its like my car is wearing a hypercolor shirt, Remember those LOL. ---Cheers

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
decklid panel: what is this panel of shit made out of it? I removed a dealer badge from it and then sprayed some quick detailer on it and wiped it with a brand new, soft and plush microfiber towel, and it put fine scratches in that spot already. bummer.

I live in WA too (in Lake Stevens)!!

I see Kirkland putting their shit on every vehicle that comes through there. I HATE dealership stickers. If I were you, I would have had them buy me a brand new decklid for being assholes putting shit on your car that you didnt ask them too. I bought mine through Marysville Ford but they traded with Kirkland (who had originally ordered the car). It was still in transit when the two agreed on the trade. I threatened Mayrsville that if Kirkland put there crap on my car, I was going to walk from the deal. Thankfully Kirkand kept their hand off my car.

Sorry. Rant over (TLDR: Dealership sticker/emblems are satans creation)

Anyways, beautiful car man. Hope to see it around!!

Sponsored

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Understeer?

Gorgeous car, congrats.

I've been reading all I can about the new Mustang, dare I say I've read it ALL. My one concern/question about the car is the 255 tires up front. I would prefer a square set up to limit understeer. I take it you've been to a limit or close...how does the front wash out? Quickly? Suddenly? My guess the MagnaRide "covers" it somewhat, but 255s on a car pushing 3750+ pounds with the engine up front has understeer effects, even if controlled, it would make the car slower through turns.

Thoughts, if any???

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
That color is awesome!

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Love the color. If I wasn't so dead set on Kona, I'd get this. Congrats on your new ride. She's a beaut

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Just that startup . . I think I'd be ecstatic if I got my 2015 GT to sound like that!

I didn't think I'd like the Royal Crimson. Other pics I've seen (not many, admittedly) here and there made me think "Meh". But... somehow, your pics look better than the others I've seen with this color. I think I might be a convert.

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Gorgeous car, congrats.

I've been reading all I can about the new Mustang, dare I say I've read it ALL. My one concern/question about the car is the 255 tires up front. I would prefer a square set up to limit understeer. I take it you've been to a limit or close...how does the front wash out? Quickly? Suddenly? My guess the MagnaRide "covers" it somewhat, but 255s on a car pushing 3750+ pounds with the engine up front has understeer effects, even if controlled, it would make the car slower through turns.

Thoughts, if any???
So the 2015-2017 GTPP came with 255s as well. The 2018 comes with a much much better tire but even still, I never had any issues with understeer. I could see if you tracked the car and were really pushing it but while I still had the Pirellis on, I would walk my friend BMW on twisty mountain roads doing some VERY spirited driving. Ford set this chassis up very well and I know that the 2018s with the magnaride will be even better. Ive pulled over 1g with my 2016 with no issue or feeling of understeer. I have since put on 275 bridestone S04s on all 4 but mainly for looks/ability to rotate tires.

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Get yourself a bottle of Meguiar's ultimate compount (black bottle) And just use a microfiber cloth you can buff that deck lid panel super easy and remove the scratches, because its so soft, it takes little to scratch it wiping it with a MF cloth, but it takes just as little effort with the compound to remove them too. Use a nice glaze and a paste wax on it to help keep it from scratching so easily, then you can use detail spray or nano wax afterward to keep it shiny.

It is what I use on my 16 EBM atm.

On a darker color I am not so put off by the different front end design, kinda looks like Darth Vader =)

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I own a 2012 Kona Blue 5.0, Sometimes it looks blue, sometimes it looks purple, sometime it looks bluish purple, or black even. Its like my car is wearing a hypercolor shirt, Remember those LOL. ---Cheers

I was just talking to my GF the other day about Generra HyperColor T-shirts. All I wore was Generra back when that brand was the shit (1980s). I also remember washing them too much and they stayed the pink color LOL

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I always swore I would never get a red car... but damn that's beautiful.

Also, while I prefer most mustangs wingless, I really like it on that color.

K-Loader

Dan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT/PP/10A Crimson
Crimson looking good, very good! Congrats and enjoy! Thanks for the pics and comments.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
as most others have said that color is amazing. not quite as nice as ruby red, but still amazing ;) look forward to a nice full sun pic
Sponsored