Sponsored

Phone holder and placement?

oguruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-250
What do you guys use for a phone holder/mount? I currently use the Ram Mounts Quick-Grip with a suction mount that I mount to the windshield near the A-pillar.

It holds fine in the cooler months, but it sticks worse in when its hot.

Any model of holder you guys like?

What mounting location/method do you like?
Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I have a ProClip on the upper dash trim/air vent bezel, and this in the coin tray area...

IMG_9010.jpeg

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I use the Course Motorsports one with the mag base. I love it, but there are some notable compromises.
IMG_0025.jpeg

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
What compromises? I use the basic one and it's amazing
For my phone (iPhone 13) I need to use one of the supplied metal plates for it to sit right. If I stick the plate directly on the phone, my bedside wireless charger won’t work. So, I got a very thin case, stuck the plate to the case, and peel the case off when I put it on the wireless charger.
Also, I wanted minimal cabling and there aren’t many choices for short cable with a 90 degree at the console USB port.

I love the mount and consider these minor issues, but I’m a mildly autistic engineer and some stuff makes my eye twitch. I can help it.

Edit: There aren’t many choices of 90 degree USB jacks that go RIGHT from the console. If you want it to go left, there are eleventy billion choices and they’re all cheaper than the one that goes right.

Last edited:

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
For my phone (iPhone 13) I need to use one of the supplied metal plates for it to sit right. If I stick the plate directly on the phone, my bedside wireless charger won’t work. So, I got a very thin case, stuck the plate to the case, and peel the case off when I put it on the wireless charger.
Also, I wanted minimal cabling and there aren’t many choices for short cable with a 90 degree at the console USB port.

I love the mount and consider these minor issues, but I’m a mildly autistic engineer and some stuff makes my eye twitch. I can help it.

Edit: There aren’t many choices of 90 degree USB jacks that go RIGHT from the console. If you want it to go left, there are eleventy billion choices and they’re all cheaper than the one that goes right.
Replacement Steel Ring For MagSafe Magnetic Charger – Course Motorsports

They also have a couple of wireless charging options. Phone Accessories Collection - Course Motorsports

I like the cradles because I'm going to plug in the phone for Android Auto anyways. I have the cord running from the center console with just enough length to plug it in with the phone in the cradle. The cord falls down beside the passenger seat and is easy to retrieve.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
In the cupholder, where it belongs. I can't imagine sticking a phone to my dashboard. How tacky and useless.

Sponsored
OP
OP

oguruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-250
In the cupholder, where it belongs. I can't imagine sticking a phone to my dashboard. How tacky and useless.
How is that "useless?" I much prefer being able to see GPS from my periphery than having to look down at the head unit or wherever.

Different stroke for different folks, of course.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Where did you find this??? Coin tray area I mean...
They are on multiple websites, this one came from Amazon. I do have one extra from my former Mustang coupe that I was going to post for sale.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
How is that "useless?" I much prefer being able to see GPS from my periphery than having to look down at the head unit or wherever.

Different stroke for different folks, of course.
I get that, and agree that it's better to keep your eyes on the road. But there's voice commands.
Sponsored