Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
There's a lot of places I have to find alternate routes to....or other entrances to find so I don't mess up the splitter.
I went into Chicago a couple of years ago to get my Chicago Cubs Budweiser Neon sign fixed. My old neighborhood from my college days at DePaul, Fullerton and Western. I couldn't believe the speed bumps they put all over the side streets. Wtf is up with that? They are like small mountains.
Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Deer...backroads in NVA are great fun but the threat of stupid deer around every corner doesnt allow me to be as carefree as I'd like to be.

Also any and every merge point on hwys is a bit more nerve-racking than in my ST or Armada (well this ones not fair bc it is a TANK lol). On the plus side in Sport mode I have been able to use a 5k rev twice now to stop aholes in their tracks at merge points. It was hilarious and amazing all at once to see them go from forcing their way into my lane to pumping the brakes and trailing at a distance behind me. Perks of your ride looking like the Batmobile :lol:

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
On the plus side in Sport mode I have been able to use a 5k rev twice now to stop aholes in their tracks at merge points. It was hilarious and amazing all at once to see them go from forcing their way into my lane to pumping the brakes and trailing at a distance behind me. Perks of your ride looking like the Batmobile :lol:
The reaction when people hear this thing scream is hilarious. I’ve gotten this exact reaction you describe. They back way off like wtf was that?!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
My only pet peeve is that I can't go out n about for about 4 more months in my GT350. Yes I suppose I could get winter tires, but I'm not ready to go down that road yet.

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Wow, not much to add to all the above comments, speed limits, slow drivers, steep driveways, road debris, etc. On the positive side, here it is November the 25th and we are having 80 deg beautiful sunny weather, which is fairly typical here in SoCal so we don't have to put our cars away for the Winter nor worry about Winter tires. So, all in all, I consider myself lucky...now don't get me going on real estate prices and CA taxes ;)

Sponsored

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I went into Chicago a couple of years ago to get my Chicago Cubs Budweiser Neon sign fixed. My old neighborhood from my college days at DePaul, Fullerton and Western. I couldn't believe the speed bumps they put all over the side streets. Wtf is up with that? They are like small mountains.
I know that area well....my GT350 goes away from the city! Stop and go sucks in this car. I'm in the Northwest burbs....I always find myself going more north and west to stretch her legs!

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I know that area well....my GT350 goes away from the city! Stop and go sucks in this car. I'm in the Northwest burbs....I always find myself going more north and west to stretch her legs!
When spring rolls around, come out to Naperville for the Chrome and Coffee at Irongate Car Condos on Saturdays and Sundays at Caliber Coffee in South Barrington.

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
After 10K of mostly long highway trip miles where there is a lot of 6 gear cruising and over taking, I wish 6 gear wasn’t as tall. 5th gear goes to around 169-170. 6th is geared towards almost 270mph. While most gear shifts drop revs 20%. 5-6 gear change drops revs almost 40%. Imo this is just too much. A 30% drop would make the need to down shift much less likely and less of an on / off experience between 5 & 6.

My only design complaint about the car.
Sponsored

Last edited: