Sponsored

Painting Splitter / Side Skirts / Rear Valance

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Has anyone here painted their front splitter, side skirts, or rear valance? I'm curious if it looks nice and if you need to sand them down first or whether there are any aftermarket parts you could purchase instead. I am looking to get rid of the black plastic trim if at all possible.
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i think foose makes a side skirt that gets rid of the black side runner , and makes it more body looking im sure there pricey though

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Has anyone here painted their front splitter, side skirts, or rear valance? I'm curious if it looks nice and if you need to sand them down first or whether there are any aftermarket parts you could purchase instead. I am looking to get rid of the black plastic trim if at all possible.
There is another thread on this where a few have color matched the side skirts with their car color. I'd like to do gloss black if anybody has done this?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I saw one on here. a white car with the chin painted white and it looks absolutely amazing! I'd hate to have to maintain that on my daily driver though, rock chips and stuff would be a nightmare.

OP
OP

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, I've seen some of the pictures around and it looks pretty good. I think the issue is with the rear valance. I don't think it looks as good painted all body color. I'm thinking about painting just the lip of my aftermarket valance body color and leaving the rest alone (carbon fiber). That way the painted portion flows properly all the way around the car, but then it's got the nice contrasting diffuser in the back.

Some of the pictures you will see online are from some dealership (Sherrod, I think) that thought it would be a good idea to paint the fog light surrounds and the grill body color as well. That looks absolutely horrendous. But if you just stick to the lower trim, it works.

I've thought about the rock chip issue as well. But my 2006 was painted all around, and I can't say I ever had a big issue with it. I had more rock chips on the hood than anything else. This car sits lower, so maybe that would make it worse, but I don't know. Maybe one of those clear bra wraps on just the front splitter?

Ji_Myoung

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Gray/Copper Ecoboost
Hey, go check out my instagram for a sample of how it would look, www.instagram.com/ji_myoung I painted my front splitter, side skirts, mirror caps, and rear spoiler a burnt copper color. I don't have a rear diffuser, but if I did I'd do it too! Let me know if you'd like me to teach you how I did mine if you like it!
Sponsored