NotQuik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Pretty sure I know the answer but...

Did OPG and CS then put a Whipple (Stage 2) on the car (2019). Finally started the car last night to do the first stepped rev log for Rob at PBD. Before sending the log off I noticed a CEL. Checked codes and got P0390 (camshaft position sensor “b” circuit) and P0394 (camshaft position sensor “b” circuit intermittent). Checked fuse and harness this morning as well as back side cam sensors themselves. Everything looks as it should and connections are secure.

Anything else I am missing or should check? I’m fairly certain it’s timing but would like to be sure there isn’t something else I may be over looking?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Have you done a crank relearn yet? Anytime you mess with the clutch or the crank it’s a good idea to do a crank relearn. You can do it from our ngauge or act x4.

Jessedalton96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Did you end up figuring this out? I'm having same issues. P0345 p0349 p0390 p0394

Jessedalton96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Did you do work to the engine before getting these codes or did they just show up
I installed a vmp supercharger and did oil pump gears. Then these numbers popped up. P0345 p0349 p0390 p0394

Sponsored

OP
OP

NotQuik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Did you end up figuring this out? I'm having same issues. P0345 p0349 p0390 p0394
I spent a week going through all that I could and looking for anything potentially damaged or pinched before deciding to pull the front of the engine back apart. Found absolutely nothing up to that point.

Finally decided to just redo the timing as I was making no forward progress. Got it pulled apart and everything looked fine as far as I could tell (even pictures from when I did it initially showed both chains lined up properly). Since I had gone this far, I started back at zero as I didn't want to pull it apart again. Got it all put back together once again and haven't seen another light. I can only assume that it must have been a tooth off somehow.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have p0394 and p0390. Replaced the sensor and did Ford tsb tsb 18-2360 and also did a kam reset. No luck. Only thing I changed within a month of this code was replacing my oem battery with an antigravity lithium battery. Had to install it sideways and kind of had to bend the things that connect to the terminals a bit. Code was weeks after battery install though. I am not sure what to do next. May try a normal type battery again but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be appreciated.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have p0394 and p0390. Replaced the sensor and did Ford tsb tsb 18-2360 and also did a kam reset. No luck. Only thing I changed within a month of this code was replacing my oem battery with an antigravity lithium battery. Had to install it sideways and kind of had to bend the things that connect to the terminals a bit. Code was weeks after battery install though. I am not sure what to do next. May try a normal type battery again but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be appreciated.
I don't think it has anything to do with the battery.

Sponsored

Ricksgotit1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Pretty sure I know the answer but...

Did OPG and CS then put a Whipple (Stage 2) on the car (2019). Finally started the car last night to do the first stepped rev log for Rob at PBD. Before sending the log off I noticed a CEL. Checked codes and got P0390 (camshaft position sensor “b” circuit) and P0394 (camshaft position sensor “b” circuit intermittent). Checked fuse and harness this morning as well as back side cam sensors themselves. Everything looks as it should and connections are secure.

Anything else I am missing or should check? I’m fairly certain it’s timing but would like to be sure there isn’t something else I may be over looking?
Didnt mean to revive such an old thread im in the same boat that you were in. Getting the same codes checked everything there is and its looking like ill be re timing this fucking motor. Did you happen to come across anything else before i pull this thing apart again?

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Didnt mean to revive such an old thread im in the same boat that you were in. Getting the same codes checked everything there is and its looking like ill be re timing this fucking motor. Did you happen to come across anything else before i pull this thing apart again?
Did you do the crank relearn procedure? If you are in there messing around, you really need to do it. If you do it, most of the procedures say to rev the car to 3500 rpm and it will clear, but a lot of times that doesn't work. You need to rev it up past 5000 rpm, then it will clear it.
Sponsored