P0068 code after intercooler install

OrangeFuryEB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Mustang
Hey guys this is my first post so bear with me. I am mechanically competent when it comes to hardware (nuts and bolts sorta thing) but dang near clueless on the software side. Here's my delima.

I recently installed a CPE FMIC on my 19 ecoboost and had no issues with the car throwing codes beforehand. However now under heavy throttle in 4th and 5th (haven't tried it in 6th) it throws code P0068 MAP/MAF correlation issue. The only other mods I have are a MBRP catback, k&n drop in, and a COBB 93 oct stage 1 tune and it never threw a code. I dont know if this is a serviceable issue that a dealer can fix or not so any insight would help! Thanks!
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Check your plug for the pressure sensor on the intercooler outlet and ensure your charge pipes are not leaking.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I second the vote to confirm all connections. Under heavy load obviously the boost is at peak and will find a way to leak if clamps are not tight or skewed.

my other thought is efficiency of the new intercooler compared to prior. It could be the pressure drop is lower and you are seeing higher boost and hopefully at lower temps, which may need a tune revision. Do you have a boost gauge and eyes on wide and values for air fuel ratio? It would be nice to know IAT and knock/timing.

OP
OP

OrangeFuryEB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Mustang
Check your plug for the pressure sensor on the intercooler outlet and ensure your charge pipes are not leaking.
The only plug that was transferred over was the MAP sensor. I'm not quite sure where the pressure sensor is. I'll look after work.
I second the vote to confirm all connections. Under heavy load obviously the boost is at peak and will find a way to leak if clamps are not tight or skewed.

my other thought is efficiency of the new intercooler compared to prior. It could be the pressure drop is lower and you are seeing higher boost and hopefully at lower temps, which may need a tune revision. Do you have a boost gauge and eyes on wide and values for air fuel ratio? It would be nice to know IAT and knock/timing.
I'll definitely check all connections. I reused the factory clamps for simplicity sake because they are fastened into the charge pipes. I am seeing much lower charge temps and have more power past 4k. Boost seems the same. Charge temps havent peaked 80 degrees in eastern tennessee (average 40-50° outside this time of year) with the new one where with the stock one I could push 110°+ in the same environment. If it's a tune revision I need then that's what I'll do.

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
East Tennessee, Knoxville!? I'm about an hour north east... Are there any shops near by that can do a "dyno tune"??

OP
OP

OrangeFuryEB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Mustang
East Tennessee, Knoxville!? I'm about an hour north east... Are there any shops near by that can do a "dyno tune"??
Yea I'm in knoxville. The only dyno shops I know of are knoxville performance and freedom fabrication in oak ridge.

So do we know if the COBB stage 2 OTS tune will negate the code since it takes an aftermarket intercooler into the consideration?
Sponsored