2022 Mustang GT

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thats how you get shot. The dude wanted to get away from you. You should let him. Unless he is the asshat that passes at 90 then slows down to 50 until you catch back up.

Unless you are 3 seconds or more back, you are tailgating. I move over and let people pass too.
No no, I wasn't running up really aggressively he was wanting to race, trust me, I know the difference. He was just doing dumb stuff to show off. It was like a 65 year old man, top down male pattern baldness. Probably had the white New Balance on. He was just trying to be THAT guy, and I just ended up catching up with him with not a lot of effort on my part. My description must have given a different impression to you.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Lots of people out there who think they (or you) have something to prove.

When I rode a Yamaha R1, I constantly had people wanting to race me with their shitbox civics, lancers and imprezas (usually non-si/type-r, non-evo and non-wrx/sti) I still get it from time to time now that I ride a Ducati (even if it's a Multistrada) and I definitely get it with the Mustang (just a GT PP)

When I had the R1, I would let them play whatever stupid game they wanted, knowing full well that my bike could wreck just about anything on 4 wheels in a straight line unless they spent upwards of 250k. I still let them play their stupid games, I just keep to my own business.

Just ignore them, is my suggestion.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I surprisingly don't get too much clown behavior around me. It does happen but only a few times a month. Usually WRX kids. I drive mine pretty often but usually really chill. My exhaust is medium loud though. I'm sure that makes a difference on how people act. It seems to dissuade normal people but riles up the youngins 😂

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
probably because your car is a pavement princess. I drive mine daily.
Then how did i get 35k miles on it?

But yes, she only drives on pavement.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
My latest one is the strangest one I’ve experienced. I was on 77 headed towards Columbia from Charlotte. I changedlanes from right to left to pass a truck. Nobody was behind me anywhere except for a white car quite a ways back. Merged over and was passing the truck at the same speed as the ram in front of me when I look in my mirror and just see hand signals and a face contorted in a weird way as she was mumbling something. She was close enough I couldn’t see anything below the windshield in my mirrors. Passed the truck got back in the right lane so she could continue on her way. She merged behind me and kept following too close, and kept giving her hand gestures. So I slowed a little, she stayed there. I sped back up and she did the same, I merged to the left lane and she did the same. Finally I had enough of her crap, waved at her and left her sitting there in her cobalt. No traffic in front of me at this point I ran it up to 125ish and kept it there for a minute, went back to the right lane and resumed cruising. Never saw her again, but I have no idea what set this lady off, but it was just odd that someone would put themselves in a situation like that on purpose.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If you’re only running 80 on most stretches of I-285 you stand a good chance of either getting a ticket for obstruction of traffic or worse yet a 9mm warning shot from another driver. Speed limit? I can’t even guess how fast you’d have to be going to draw LEO attention on 285.
I can tell you how fast that is on 75S. But, well, I don't trust my social media is not monitored...
Long story...

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I lived up off Chastain Rd. My commute was 17 miles one way all but 7/10's of a mile of it was highway, hwy 5 and 75 south. Both my (ex) wife and I got off at Howell Mill road, she went to left towards Piedmont hospital and I went right towards Georgia Tech. If I left at 5:45am it took about 22 minutes. If I left at 6:05 am it was 90 minutes IF there wasn't an accident...no shit, no exaggeration.
Did your ex work at the hospital? I put in over 10 years there.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
If you’re only running 80 on most stretches of I-285 you stand a good chance of either getting a ticket for obstruction of traffic or worse yet a 9mm warning shot from another driver. Speed limit? I can’t even guess how fast you’d have to be going to draw LEO attention on 285.
The answer is 92. That gets their attention, whether they do anything or not depends on your luck that particular day.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did your ex work at the hospital? I put in over 10 years there.
She worked at the Shepherd Center, right next door. Spinal cord and brain injury speciality hospital. They have a tunnel between the two.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't a Mach 1 specific topic per se so posting in the general arena.... So, I have recently swapped my "Base" Mach 1 Mustang for the handling package Mustang (the car swap story for another thread...). Then I noticed an increase in aggressive behavior from other drivers in the form of tailgating, intentionally swerving into my lane, and I even had someone aggressively follow me and take photos or record my driving. This is all new. Totally foreign to me. Yet, I haven't changed my driving style. Always mellow. Legit just cruising and listening to 80's Rock-n-Roll. I am middle aged and do not drive like and arse-hat. I used the search feature on this forum and saw some older posts on this topic. But I would like some more recent input as I am curious if anyone else on here has been experiencing similar behavior from other drivers and, if yes, how are you responding to these folks and why do you think people are being such jerks toward Mustang owners?

Thanks in advance to all for replying.
Just had a guy in g35 get right on my ass when I exited highway to side street last week. Was on my way to work and just cruising on highway at 50. Never saw him on highway and definitely didn’t pass him. He came out of nowhere. There was a tractor trailer in front of me and speed limit was 40. I was just hanging behind trailer and sticking to speed limit. I could see he was getting closer. Tractor slowed to make a right and we slowed to a stop. I could see he was trying to pass me on left and that was last straw. I floored it and left him a few lengths behind. Stupid on my part. Back to speed limit and he kept distance after that. Hindsight I should have just let him pass. Not worth causing an accident to put him in his place. At 67 i need to start slowing down 😏

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Then how did i get 35k miles on it?

But yes, she only drives on pavement.
Damn I meant garage princess lol. Anyway I got 23K miles on my 22 big deal.

Thats some decent mileage on a snake though
Sponsored