Geofferstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 FJG
Newbie here...

I have been following this thread with interest as I have a FJG Mach 1 on order. Last tracker change was "compond in" on the 17th September (this followed a compound out on the 5th September) and I have just been called by my Ford dealer this morning to confirm it's in Liverpool docks.

Strike permitting, the next stop is Dagenham before ending up at the dealers. Does anyone know what happens to our cars in Dagenham?
Sponsored

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 on order.
Newbie here...

I have been following this thread with interest as I have a FJG Mach 1 on order. Last tracker change was "compond in" on the 17th September (this followed a compound out on the 5th September) and I have just been called by my Ford dealer this morning to confirm it's in Liverpool docks.

Strike permitting, the next stop is Dagenham before ending up at the dealers. Does anyone know what happens to our cars in Dagenham?
Mine is with dagenham as well, next up is pdi(pre delivery inspection). Did they give you an idea as to when they expect it in?

Just had a an email from them saying that eta is still 24/09 and they have not been told of any info from ford about the strikes.

Geofferstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 FJG
Mine is with dagenham as well, next up is pdi(pre delivery inspection). Did they give you an idea as to when they expect it in?

Just had a an email from them saying that eta is still 24/09 and they have not been told of any info from ford about the strikes.
No indication of ETA yet and they were not aware of any strike either so who knows... I will keep checking the tracker to see when the next change is as I would guess that moving out from the docks would trigger a "compound out" event.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
No indication of ETA yet and they were not aware of any strike either so who knows... I will keep checking the tracker to see when the next change is as I would guess that moving out from the docks would trigger a "compound out" event.
Isn't it possible (hopeful) that are cars made it out of the docks before the strike started?

Geofferstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 FJG
Isn't it possible (hopeful) that are cars made it out of the docks before the strike started?
Anyone's guess at this point however looking back at previous events my assumption is: -
5th September - I had a "Compound Out" event. This aligns with the ship departure on the 7th from an earlier post in this thread.
17th September - I have a "Compound In" event which aligns to a previous post about the ship arriving in Liverpool on the 16th.
No further changes from that. As the ship has moved on I would guess that the cars were unloaded to the dock - which aligns to what my dealer told me.

Given the strike starting on the 20th (with the 19th being a uk holiday for the funeral) I think it's highly unlikely that the cars would have made it out before the strike commenced. We should know more in the coming days I would think, my view is if we don't get any movement by Monday 24th I would take that as "stuck at Liverpool" and then estimate a Liverpool departure some time between 3rd October and the 7th (or even later as cars might be de-prioritised in the backlog!).

Pure speculation of course as we don't know what roles in the port are being impacted by the strike.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone's guess at this point however looking back at previous events my assumption is: -
5th September - I had a "Compound Out" event. This aligns with the ship departure on the 7th from an earlier post in this thread.
17th September - I have a "Compound In" event which aligns to a previous post about the ship arriving in Liverpool on the 16th.
No further changes from that. As the ship has moved on I would guess that the cars were unloaded to the dock - which aligns to what my dealer told me.

Given the strike starting on the 20th (with the 19th being a uk holiday for the funeral) I think it's highly unlikely that the cars would have made it out before the strike commenced. We should know more in the coming days I would think, my view is if we don't get any movement by Monday 24th I would take that as "stuck at Liverpool" and then estimate a Liverpool departure some time between 3rd October and the 7th (or even later as cars might be de-prioritised in the backlog!).

Pure speculation of course as we don't know what roles in the port are being impacted by the strike.
Unfortunately, I think that makes perfect sense :-(

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray, Magneride
Hey all! I have some news to share and couldn't be happier about it: yesterday I picked up my new Carbonized Gray European GT! 🤩

Here's my full timeline, with some extra details, to share how I felt sometimes:

01/28/2022 -> order submitted

The long wait starts! Constantly harassing my salesman for new info.

04/22/2022 -> VIN allocated; 06/06/2022 -> 06/16/2022 -> 06/17/2022 -> blend date
06/21/2022 -> 5 months later it was built! 🤩
06/25/2022 -> shipped by convoy + train
06/28/2022 -> compound in at Newark

3 weeks of waiting for the ship, endless checking the tracker websites on a daily basis 😅

07/22/2022 -> compound out, departed Newark

1 week to go to Antwerpen, then due to strike and delays, 1 week stuck in the port; 1 more week and the same ship went all around the Iberian Peninsula, all the way up to Valencia, Spain.

08/18/2022 -> compound in, arrived to Spain

2 weeks wait, because in August there's typically a 4 week vacation for most local workers, so even the customs handling was shut down 🙄

09/01/2022 -> customs cleared, waiting for delivery to my city

09/05/2022 -> dealer did the pre-delivery inspection, I could see it in FordPass under the service history page

... here the longest wait I ever felt... my salesman was on vacation and his colleagues didn't take over the management of his sale (financing, etc.). So the car was already here and nobody doing anything. (Worst thing is when you actually know about it.)

09/12/2022 -> salesman back from his 3 weeks vacations, wrote me on his first day by the evening to let's start gathering the paperwork (again) and schedule the signing for later that week
09/15/2022 -> signed, now waiting for actual delivery!

09/19/2022 -> car taken to the mandatory state mechanical exam, then registered on my name, waiting for the license plate manufacturing

09/21/2022 -> exactly 90 days after my car was manufactured and a total of 7 months 24 days from placing the order, I got it delivered! 🎉

Lot of unexpected waiting due to how summer is being handled in Spain, but damn was it worth the wait, couldn't be happier!

Fun fact: I got a tiny bit higher insurance than expected, because of a "young driver penalty": I am below 40 years old and with less than 20 years of driving experience = young. Well, thank you for the classification, it feels great actually. 😁 Just typical Spain things.

The car came with 5 tiny paint chips around different areas, 1 mini dent in the driver side skirt and a weirdly thick paint spot on the right front - only noticed these after a detailed wash, while applying the wax. (None of these are visible even from 1 meter.)
Anyway, nothing could possibly ruin my mood, I'm smiling like a stupid child every single time I turn on the car and set the active exhaust to track mode 😅

Here's a pic of the car after receiving its Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine coat:
IMG_20220922_204106~2.jpg

I hope to be able to post some more exciting outdoor photos later on, this Saturday we're going on a 3000 km roadtrip in the mountains with it, quite the inauguration ride!

Sorry about the long post, hope you found some details interesting and relatable, fellow Europeans 😊

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Congrats 🥳 looks gorgeous 😎

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all! I have some news to share and couldn't be happier about it: yesterday I picked up my new Carbonized Gray European GT! 🤩

Here's my full timeline, with some extra details, to share how I felt sometimes:

04/22/2022 -> VIN allocated; 06/06/2022 -> 06/16/2022 -> 06/17/2022 -> blend date

3 weeks of waiting for the ship, endless checking the tracker websites on a daily basis 😅

1 week to go to Antwerpen, then due to strike and delays, 1 week stuck in the port; 1 more week and the same ship went all around the Iberian Peninsula, all the way up to Valencia, Spain.

2 weeks wait, because in August there's typically a 4 week vacation for most local workers, so even the customs handling was shut down 🙄

09/05/2022 -> dealer did the pre-delivery inspection, I could see it in FordPass under the service history page

... here the longest wait I ever felt... my salesman was on vacation and his colleagues didn't take over the management of his sale (financing, etc.). So the car was already here and nobody doing anything. (Worst thing is when you actually know about it.)

09/12/2022 -> salesman back from his 3 weeks vacations, wrote me on his first day by the evening to let's start gathering the paperwork (again) and schedule the signing for later that week

09/19/2022 -> car taken to the mandatory state mechanical exam, then registered on my name, waiting for the license plate manufacturing

09/21/2022 -> exactly 90 days after my car was manufactured and a total of 7 months 24 days from placing the order, I got it delivered! 🎉

Lot of unexpected waiting due to how summer is being handled in Spain, but damn was it worth the wait, couldn't be happier!

Fun fact: I got a tiny bit higher insurance than expected, because of a "young driver penalty": I am below 40 years old and with less than 20 years of driving experience = young. Well, thank you for the classification, it feels great actually. 😁 Just typical Spain things.

The car came with 5 tiny paint chips around different areas, 1 mini dent in the driver side skirt and a weirdly thick paint spot on the right front - only noticed these after a detailed wash, while applying the wax. (None of these are visible even from 1 meter.)
Anyway, nothing could possibly ruin my mood, I'm smiling like a stupid child every single time I turn on the car and set the active exhaust to track mode 😅

I hope to be able to post some more exciting outdoor photos later on, this Saturday we're going on a 3000 km roadtrip in the mountains with it, quite the inauguration ride!

Sorry about the long post, hope you found some details interesting and relatable, fellow Europeans 😊
Your car looks awesome! Enjoy it!

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

lovely car, love the fact you're going to run it in with a 3000km road trip :fistbump: :sunglasses:

Sponsored

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1

No you won't be de-prioritised, the backlog will be on the ships coming. I'm not sure how they handle it locally but generally the ship hands just manage & support with the on and off loading then the dock workers handle the storage & loading onto the truck/rail.

• worse case new ships will find a new port to offload, but other ports plan to strike after liverpool. Not all ports support RO/RO & LO/LO.
If you look based on the statistical data from the previous port being shut down due to a strike like Liverpool - the avg. backlog for a inbound ship to get to a dock was increased to around 40 hours (from what I recall) + offload time + customs + forward shipping/documentation.

It will only affect mostly new off/on-loading and new ships coming in, that wasn't in and unloaded & completed by when The strikes started on the evening of monday.

Aslong as the car is off and all documentation completed by customs & anyone else - nothing really stopping them from picking it up.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Like a 12-year-old boy, I keep dreaming about getting me car. I keep staring at this picture, dreaming...
1663963382636.png

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
Have been told It sounds like I will be receiving mine from November - assuming no other delays if any other then probably will be December.

I'm in no rush

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 on order.

Have you heard any more? Tried phoning today and waiting for a callback/email.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I rechecked the status of mine this morning and it’s still at compound in. I’m assuming that’s Newark so my dealer estimated delivery of mid October doesn’t look do-able.
Sponsored