Sponsored

ORANGE FURY S550 MUSTANG Thread

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Carbon fibre driveshaft might be standard in 2019 I hear. We can hope. At 15 lbs versus 26, the equation is: 4.4 lbs per 1 lb of rotational mass reduced. 11 lbs rotational reduced, will have the effect of a nice 48 lb weight drop. Contrary to what people "think", dropping weight from the wheels and drivetrain don't add any real power, but they do act like dropping weight. And, 100 lbs of dropped weight is equivalent to adding 10-12hp. Just like aftermarket CAI's don't actually produce much power, no they don't. Maybe 2-3 hp at best. But, that CAI needs to have a tube and catch sticking out into a vehicles airflow, which is located 6-9" infront of the bumper. You'd need an appendage protruding infront of your grille. I had one of the only sport bikes to use this concept, because it worked and didn't look to bad it was the 2000-2004 Ninja ZX12R. Look just below the headlight. The air intake tube is 3-4" out front of the headlight, in the aerodynamic airflow.
Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I am digging it, with some silver stripes with black or white accent stripes or Matte back or Gun metal all good. I was not a fan of Comp Orange it looked more red than orange in any light other than direct sun.

I have no problem with these.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
So Ford has the back end of that car looking like a duck-face, and now they've bastardized the front end.

I can hear the bean counters / designers at the table now:

Design: "This looks like sh&t. We really can't do this unless we want to be laughed off the street and gradually lose market share. Chevy and Dodge are already eating our lunch "

BC: "Yeah, but this thing is cheap. 80% of our market share lies with the gun-toten right wing who wouldn't know style if they got run over by it. It's cheap and fast. They can try to smoke their buddies out in front of Sonic on weekends. All that matters "

Design: (Sigh) Well what about the the panel gap fitment issues, cooling issues, cars catching on fire, etc. ???

BC: Look - years ago we convinced our market that this is the allure of the Mustang. Unrefined. You car might blow a line and catch fire, just like Dale Jr. on the big oval. It takes guts and testicular fortitude to drive one of these things. We got now worries.

Design: (sigh)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So Ford has the back end of that car looking like a duck-face, and now they've bastardized the front end.

I can hear the bean counters / designers at the table now:

Design: "This looks like sh&t. We really can't do this unless we want to be laughed off the street and gradually lose market share. Chevy and Dodge are already eating our lunch "

BC: "Yeah, but this thing is cheap. 80% of our market share lies with the gun-toten right wing who wouldn't know style if they got run over by it. It's cheap and fast. They can try to smoke their buddies out in front of Sonic on weekends. All that matters "

Design: (Sigh) Well what about the the panel gap fitment issues, cooling issues, cars catching on fire, etc. ???

BC: Look - years ago we convinced our market that this is the allure of the Mustang. Unrefined. You car might blow a line and catch fire, just like Dale Jr. on the big oval. It takes guts and testicular fortitude to drive one of these things. We got now worries.

Design: (sigh)
LMMFAO
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Saw this on Facebook.
IMG_2121.JPG
Wow,.....is that a 2018?!?! Orange Fury is one of the new colors.
I like it. But then again, it is on the GT350 car so it does look better. :thumbsup:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
some picts i took from ford carlisle...
the small piece of vinyl is the matched color of comp orange so you can see the difference in colors. pict with and without flash...since it was under tent
OF does have metallic flakes in it but only can see it in the sun on a bright day...otherwise it looks like grabber orange from a few years ago....
OF1.jpg
OF2.jpg

y5e06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT
out in the open

from today in ATX (also posted in another thread)
makes me want to eat an orange. also a tad more yellow in pictures than how I viewed personally.
Partly sunny/cloudy out.

Yes, it pops more in person. It looks really fantastic, substantially better than expected given the press releases a few months ago.
ScreenHunter_66 Jun. 10 13.39.jpg
ScreenHunter_69 Jun. 10 13.40.jpg
ScreenHunter_75 Jun. 10 13.41.jpg
ScreenHunter_67 Jun. 10 13.39.jpg

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I LOVE it!!
I'm itching to see what Roush does with these cars. I would love to see an Orange Fury Roush Stage 3! :thumbsup: :headbang:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Haha.....definitely! Mind you....ANY colour '18 Roush Stage 3 would do!

Thanks for the photos.....very cool :)

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ugh. Now I'm spooked.

When I was first looking at Mustangs I expected TY would be choice. Then Orange Fury hits. I love yellow but I like a like a little more orange in it. TY is a little pale. So I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on OF.

Then I'm in the dealership and I see a TY GT with PP. It looks great and I start getting nervous about ordering a color I haven't seen in the flesh. So I start digging through threads for more pictures.

Of course pictures can be horrible representations but I start seeing some pictures where OF looks almost carmel or brown and I really hate that. I assume that's a color balance or lighting problem but some of them are Ford pictures.

Then someone says it looks like Orange Spice which is about the worst thing you can say. I do not want a baby shit brown metallic Mustang! What to do?! :doh:
Sponsored