Sponsored

OPG install gurus, HELP please read asap, in middle of install

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto
OK I am in the middle of this and just about to remove the RH timing chain. I have a ford manual and I know the blue links are supposed to line with the cam sprocket marks... sooo

Why is mine like this about 2 teeth off and totally off on the left side.
RH matrix is straight up... keyway is at 12o clock both RH and LH cam sprocket marks are pointing up... whats up with this? I want to verify how to proceed before going further,

Manual says line up blue links installing but what if they are off before even taking them off??? im stumped..

2016 not even 3500mi never touched

THANKS
P3030036.JPG
P3030035.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto
actually i dont know how far off the LH side is until i turn to 5 o clock and look but I dont want to go any further until I have an explanation for the RH

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
They only line up when you install them. Unless you want to turn your motor over a kajillion times before you take them off to get them to line up..

OP
OP

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto
so we are good to go pulling them even though they do not now?..stupid they dont mention it in the Ford manual.. it makes me nervous..

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I have no idea if you are good to pull them off, honestly quite nervous for your motor.. lol. There is no way to know if your timing is off when you pull it apart. You only know that you put it back together correctly. Follow the instructions to a T, and don't forget the step of turning the motor over when putting the second chain on, that's the one everyone forgets.

Sponsored

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
The blue links are reference points for installation only. You are fine, just follow the Ford service manual word for word on the removal and reinstall.

OP
OP

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto
yepp... crisis averted, just have to get it right... 8 rib and blower are going on with the reinstall so the next fire up will be after EVERYTHING is back on, really don;t want to have to do it twice...

Coming from LS motors, just want to have everything go smooth

Sponsored
OP
OP

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto
i got the write up on SVTP but its on a 2014, same but slightly different.. I think I just saw that first and freaked out before moving on.. we're good now.. now for the pickup bolt uhggg

OP
OP

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto
Now moving on, what kind of wrench did you all use to get that back pick up Bolt? I have stubby and long ratcheting wrenches as well as regular none of them can really grab it I think I'm going to make a run to Harbor Freight and get a set of offset unless there's something better to get it?

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
This guy has a 5 part video on his install. Good for reference, and I think he mentions what you are talking about in this one.

Sponsored