Sponsored

Oil pressure changed

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
150F after 30 minutes of driving is weird.
Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Theory:

You are running the AC, causing the fan to run full time. This is delaying warm up despite the high temps.

Facts supporting: until you get the oil hot (200F+) the oil pressure on these things is quite high. It has cooling to deal with 526hp in dead of summer in the desert temps.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks, I will document the readings. It's just weird because at all temps, conditions, the psi for the oil has always been the same until today. Even Saturday, it was cooler in the am when I left for a car show and then was about 90 when we left and the psi was what I expected at idle and running, oil temp right at 200-220.
I agree with the other guy that said your oil pressure sensor has some issue. The oil pressure readings should vary a lot by rpm and by oil temperature. Possibly there was an obstruction that was preventing proper reading and now the obstruction cleared itself somehow.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The OP didn't say if the car was new at delivery or not. If not, it may have been serviced by the selling dealer. If they put in 5w20, that's pretty much what you'd get for oil pressure.

OP
OP
Ozark427

Ozark427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry I haven't kept up since posting, I am out of the country now but I would still like to hear what others are experiencing. To answer some questions; I bought the car new and broke it in along with a nice drive from Arkansas to Washington DC. Had it serviced at a Ford dealer in the DC area and it was about 3 weeks after when the change happened from my "normal" pressure and temp to what I was getting before I left. It did not appear to be AC related because I was driving with the windows down and AC off.

Thanks to all who have replied! And I will keep checking back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ozark427

Ozark427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Greetings,
Things are getting better. I just returned from an overseas trip and the car sat for 4 months. Drove it yesterday and had the same.. ~50 psi at idle and ~75 psi driving. Temp was about 200. Today I go out and notice it's now ~75 psi at idle and ~100 driving ?? Called the local Ford service center to inquire but I am awaiting a call back. Anyone else seeing these changes in pressure? Oil is between the dots with less than 500 miles on the change.

Car was purchased new and never tracked. Thanks!

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
It really sounds like a gauge or sensor glitch.

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Greetings,
Things are getting better. I just returned from an overseas trip and the car sat for 4 months. Drove it yesterday and had the same.. ~50 psi at idle and ~75 psi driving. Temp was about 200. Today I go out and notice it's now ~75 psi at idle and ~100 driving ?? Called the local Ford service center to inquire but I am awaiting a call back. Anyone else seeing these changes in pressure? Oil is between the dots with less than 500 miles on the change.

Car was purchased new and never tracked. Thanks!
Was the oil temperature the same? You didn't say. Since this car has a real oil cooler and not the oil heating spam can, it takes a long time for the oil to heat up. If BOTH times the temperature was the same, only then can you figure there's a problem e.g. sensor issue. You need to look at the digital display and record the numerical value for the oil temperature, "about 200" isn't good enough.

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
You had your oil change done at ford dealer. That can mean many many things including they put in wrong weight oil in your car. Many haven’t torqued filters correctly either. When in doubt, I’d change oil yourself and be peaceful knowing you’ve done it right.
Sponsored