Sponsored

Oil cooler failure - first hand experiences?

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
One would think being a known fault it should be covered under warranty.

But guys spend some money if your paranoid and get the defective part removed.
Have you had your cooler fitted?
Sponsored

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Update on the Letter of Complaint

Letter (registered) was received by Ford Australia on 6 December 2017. I sent a follow up email on 25 January with a copy of original letter. After a week I sent a follow up to the follow up email. Finally a response from Ford on 7 February stating that I should be contacted within 2 days by the Customer Relations Team. Will advise further, then. Worse than watching the grass grow.:ford:

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Hi GT 550
Did you find this doc link or did Ford supply it?

Should we take this when servicing to ensure it is replaced or is it just reactionary by Ford?
cheers
That document is freely available on the net. Easy to find with Google. I think the trouble with it is that it merely outlines the steps that should be taken should the cooler start leaking, it doesn't suggest preventative replacement. That's still going to have to depend on the individual dealers, until (if) Ford issues a recall.

Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
I spoke to my local ford dealer during the 15000 service to a bald dipshit behind the desk about the issue, he just laughed at me and said with a stupid smirk " and what forum did you get that of". I told him its a well known issue amongst various forums, prominent car editorials etc. He told me to my face that they have not heard of the issue before or have been notified of a engine oil cooler issue through out the ford internal sources. Needles to say this dealer at Mudgee will no longer be servicing any of our cars. Not happy.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Tell the dick wacker I have pics of the failed item and multiple members on facebooks as well.

Company’s like Street fighter are not going to waste time and money for an issue that does not exist.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I spoke to my local ford dealer during the 15000 service to a bald dipshit behind the desk about the issue, he just laughed at me and said with a stupid smirk " and what forum did you get that of". I told him its a well known issue amongst various forums, prominent car editorials etc. He told me to my face that they have not heard of the issue before or have been notified of a engine oil cooler issue through out the ford internal sources. Needles to say this dealer at Mudgee will no longer be servicing any of our cars. Not happy.
Mine is getting replaced on Monday, as a result of me asking about oil cooler at my 3 month inspection.

Seems to be very dependent upon the Dealer

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine is getting replaced on Monday, as a result of me asking about oil cooler at my 3 month inspection.

Seems to be very dependent upon the Dealer
What is your build date ?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Has anyone out there added a tune to their car and had an oil cooler let go? By the sounds of it, this issue should not be denied under warranty, regardless of modifications.

Sponsored

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Has anyone out there added a tune to their car and had an oil cooler let go? By the sounds of it, this issue should not be denied under warranty, regardless of modifications.

Yes I did I had Xforce headers CAI tune and no worries on my part.
New engine and removed the stupid oil cooler first chance I got.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Yes I did I had Xforce headers CAI tune and no worries on my part.
New engine and removed the stupid oil cooler first chance I got.
[MENTION=23500]stang_86[/MENTION] Let me clarify, you had the headers and aftermarket tune when the cooler failed, and the dealer still replaced the cooler and engine under warranty despite these mods?

I have a CAI and tune here and this is the only thing holding me back from installing it.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Typical knowall
Probably restoring a 1966 honda civic too
Did he have short persons disease as well, sounds like a probable candidate
Cheers
Sponsored