Ohlins Road and Track s550

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Crash bolts - There's a lot of adjustment with those down by the knuckle. If you pair that with camber plates you could get even more camber.

I did notice a difference with the lateral arms. I had the same setup and then was able to feel it afterwards. Car turns more direct and less understeer at low speeds.

Yeah, your camber curve is better now because you've added some anti-roll from geometry back in that you lost from lowering. But the downside is you lose the camber and track width. I haven't noticed any difference from the track other than there's less tire clearance than before.
There's no more adjustment left in my setup. I'm maxed on the Ford Plates and crash bolts to get -3.

When I say I don't "feel" a difference--I'm saying it didn't create a seat of the pants impact on lap times, consistency, or handling at the limit. Big heavy car rolled around a lot at the track. And still rolls around a lot with the new arms.

The camber curve is better because the new static angle creates camber gain for a greater portion of the suspension sweep during compression and less max camber loss at full compression.

...Back to Ohlins, I'm interested in feedback from anyone pumping road miles on 500lb+ front rates, how long they can go between rebuilds, and if everyone is having noise issues in the rear with 18+ RLCA's.
Sponsored