Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Stang, we gotta meet up and you hack my car :p
Lol, whenever you want! I'm in Austin next to the RaceTrack.

Little update. I've been working with their "Engineers" I got the latest MCU img update. It fixed my stereo and I have MPH showing without starting the car. No more KM/H Still having issues with Bluetooth phone call and trying to get Fahrenheit instead of Celsuis. I'll post the MCU file tomorrow :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
IS there any conceivable way to get nextradio or something working with our radio antenna? I have tried every FM tuner I can get my hands on. I would love to basically replace all of the original apps with widgets

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Also, I am about to start my sub install, Does anyone know what wire to use for remote?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Also, I am about to start my sub install, Does anyone know what wire to use for remote?
Look at the sticky thread in Infotainment, it has all the tricks. There's a blue and white wire in the trunk you can use.

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Lol, whenever you want! I'm in Austin next to the RaceTrack.

Little update. I've been working with their "Engineers" I got the latest MCU img update. It fixed my stereo and I have MPH showing without starting the car. No more KM/H Still having issues with Bluetooth phone call and trying to get Fahrenheit instead of Celsuis. I'll post the MCU file tomorrow :thumbsup:
Nice!

Do you know if it's possible to remap the Music button in the top ribbon to another app, like you can for the Nav button?

Also, the way the radio comes back on automatically if you had it on when the car was turned off, can that be done with another music app like Spotify?

On a side note, I no longer have any idea how fast my car is truly going. I turned on the speed display on the unit, and now I have the cruise control readout telling me I'm set at 70, my cluster needle is pointing to 74, and the tesla unit says 68mph :lol: I need to find one of those digital police speed boards to verify on of these days...

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice!

Do you know if it's possible to remap the Music button in the top ribbon to another app, like you can for the Nav button?

Also, the way the radio comes back on automatically if you had it on when the car was turned off, can that be done with another music app like Spotify?

On a side note, I no longer have any idea how fast my car is truly going. I turned on the speed display on the unit, and now I have the cruise control readout telling me I'm set at 70, my cluster needle is pointing to 74, and the tesla unit says 68mph :lol: I need to find one of those digital police speed boards to verify on of these days...
Lol same here for the speed. I'm sure it's possible if we hard code it. I know where it is. The problem is that it's the main file of the Headunit. Last time I tried it we were stuck in bootloop... I even bootlooped mine by forcing it via a custom update lol.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice!

As of right now, only native apps will auto-restart. If you install Spotify on the unit, you can try. Mine defaults to Bluetooth, because I like the home screen on the new launcher with the big speedo.

I don't think we can remap buttons, but it's a potential possibility for development, I'll let [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] chime in, after he recovers from my inability to send a screen shot properly.

I have the same speed issue. If you sit up ridiculously straight, you'll see the needle actually does line up line it's supposed to, it's a design flaw, but my cruise and GPS are off by 2mph. The police radar signs I pass every morning match what the radio says.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol same here for the speed. I'm sure it's possible if we hard code it. I know where it is. The problem is that it's the main file of the Headunit. Last time I tried it we were stuck in bootloop... I even bootlooped mine by forcing it via a custom update lol.

Would the signature differences between the launcher and eventcenter have any effect on it?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would the signature differences between the launcher and eventcenter have any effect on it?
I doubt it. Whenever I did my Custom ROM V2 I was able to get the same signatures they used to give it a shot and it crashed as well... Here's what I think it's going on. I believe it doesn't shutdown completely the headunit when it's updating. Or It sees that there's a difference on the main EvenCenter and just tell us to f**k off lol. I'm still investigating :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it. Whenever I did my Custom ROM V2 I was able to get the same signatures they used to give it a shot and it crashed as well... Here's what I think it's going on. I believe it doesn't shutdown completely the headunit when it's updating. Or It sees that there's a difference on the main EvenCenter and just tell us to f**k off lol. I'm still investigating :thumbsup:
At least we know Nova is a good parachute.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least we know Nova is a good parachute.
:lol: Yea that was unexpected lol Still need that Recovery Mode though. Today is the deadline. I talked to him about it yesterday he kinda avoid my question twice...

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:lol: Yea that was unexpected lol Still need that Recovery Mode though. Today is the deadline. I talked to him about it yesterday he kinda avoid my question twice...
I just sent him a message. I think holding $8k hostage might be a functional bargaining tool.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just sent him a message. I think holding $8k hostage might be a functional bargaining tool.
lol that and I told him I have about 10 people that want to buy the unit but requested the recovery or else they wouldn't buy it. :D
Sponsored