PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
In about 10 years, your kids my stumble upon this post and be traumatized for life.
The two teenage girls are old enough to know why we close our door at night, and they also know she went to the Doctor one day with lil boobies, and came back home with 34-DDD's. My 6 year old son is none the wiser.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@bhooray
@Evil Minion
@mlevans1
@ranger11x
@mlevans1
@TheHydro
@RVK
@slowr1
@jtb4431
@BDMACH1

Gents, the cutoff for getting in on this group buy will be Friday, February 17th so I can have the order placed on Monday. Anyone else who wants in, please comment to get on this list. If you are on this list, please confirm that you're ready to order, or if you need to wait.

With the order being 5-10 units, I'm assuming they are still honoring $620 each, and that will cover CONUS shipping directly from them, you won't have to wait for me to ship it to you. If he lowers the cost, I will definitely let everyone know before you send me a PayPal.

I place the order through PayPal, and I get PayPal protection. If you want to DOUBLE your protection, add 4% and choose "Pay For Goods or Services," otherwise, send as Friends/Family/Gift.

Last edited:

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any updates on the system features? I am torn between this unit and another 10" one that is horizontal and keeps the factory HVAC controls. Not so worried about the ability to add SAT radio any more. Anyone get it installed and use it daily? Any huge complaints that cant be fixed?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on the system features? I am torn between this unit and another 10" one that is horizontal and keeps the factory HVAC controls. Not so worried about the ability to add SAT radio any more. Anyone get it installed and use it daily? Any huge complaints that cant be fixed?
Myself and @Pablotheartist are the only two who have it installed right now. A couple of small things I've noticed in differences between the two is that the horizontal unit has half the storage (16GB) and is more likely to suffer from poor audio quality, and extreme temperature problems, because it's essentially a tablet. I don't believe it has the external "brain" like the Tesla unit does. (I could be wrong about this)
As for things that may bother some on the Tesla unit:

1. LED's are green, but easily accessible, and can be replaced by any reputable electronics shop.
2. You do have to wait 15 seconds or so to use the main HVAC settings, but the hardware buttons will allow you to turn it completely On, off, or HIGH defrost (heat) without the unit being booted.
3. The brightness doesn't adjust with the headlights (to me this is a plus, because I always turn my lights on) it adjusts with the time of day.
4. Unless you're running 2 apps at a time (NAV and Radio) or an app in fullscreen (Radio, Spotify, Pandora, Video player) there's an Orange Mustang on the screen. (I'm working on solving this.)
5. People won't stop asking you damn questions if they ever see it in your car. "Who makes that?? Did you do it yourself? How much was it?"

Sponsored

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
@bhooray
@Evil Minion
@mlevans1
@ranger11x
@mlevans1
@TheHydro
@RVK
@slowr1
@jtb4431

Gents, the cutoff for getting in on this group buy will be Friday, February 17th so I can have the order placed on Monday. Anyone else who wants in, please comment to get on this list. If you are on this list, please confirm that you're ready to order, or if you need to wait.

With the order being 5-10 units, I'm assuming they are still honoring $620 each, and that will cover CONUS shipping directly from them, you won't have to wait for me to ship it to you. If he lowers the cost, I will definitely let everyone know before you send me a PayPal.

I place the order through PayPal, and I get PayPal protection. If you want to DOUBLE your protection, add 4% and choose "Pay For Goods or Services," otherwise, send as Friends/Family/Gift.
Thanks again for doing this! I'm in for a black unit (got overruled for silver by my wife :)).

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Myself and @Pablotheartist are the only two who have it installed right now. A couple of small things I've noticed in differences between the two is that the horizontal unit has half the storage (16GB) and is more likely to suffer from poor audio quality, and extreme temperature problems, because it's essentially a tablet. I don't believe it has the external "brain" like the Tesla unit does. (I could be wrong about this)
As for things that may bother some on the Tesla unit:

1. LED's are green, but easily accessible, and can be replaced by any reputable electronics shop.
2. You do have to wait 15 seconds or so to use the main HVAC settings, but the hardware buttons will allow you to turn it completely On, off, or HIGH defrost (heat) without the unit being booted.
3. The brightness doesn't adjust with the headlights (to me this is a plus, because I always turn my lights on) it adjusts with the time of day.
4. Unless you're running 2 apps at a time (NAV and Radio) or an app in fullscreen (Radio, Spotify, Pandora, Video player) there's an Orange Mustang on the screen. (I'm working on solving this.)
5. People won't stop asking you damn questions if they ever see it in your car. "Who makes that?? Did you do it yourself? How much was it?"
Awesome, that was a question i had too, the who running more that one app at a time. obviously we want to use the Nav, and listen to music, So that is possible? Im just worried that this is basically a tablet, and will confuse the audio at times. Id like a seamless transition to be able to use the NAV, or another app while still listening to music via the radio, bluetooth, or another app like Pandora thats loaded onto the unit itself. Appologies if you have already answered this question in your video that you posted. havent gotten a chance to watch that yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How poor is the audio quality?
On the Tesla, it's not poor at all. Sounds slightly fuller than stock to me, better highs. The subwoofer out is a nice plus. It's the horizontal unit that people complained about crappy audio.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, that was a question i had too, the who running more that one app at a time. obviously we want to use the Nav, and listen to music, So that is possible? Im just worried that this is basically a tablet, and will confuse the audio at times. Id like a seamless transition to be able to use the NAV, or another app while still listening to music via the radio, bluetooth, or another app like Pandora thats loaded onto the unit itself. Appologies if you have already answered this question in your video that you posted. havent gotten a chance to watch that yet.
Open Google Maps or whatever NAV you want, then open Radio and you're golden. You can even do videos in a tiny moveable screen if you want. Obviously you cant do two constant audios at once. Radio and video or radio and Pandora. It's WAY better than "just a tablet."

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Open Google Maps or whatever NAV you want, then open Radio and you're golden. You can even do videos in a tiny moveable screen if you want. Obviously you cant do two constant audios at once. Radio and video or radio and Pandora. It's WAY better than "just a tablet."
Awesome, thanks man!

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Add me to the list please!
Sponsored