Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
The shop I used went out and obtained SS pipe and the same clamps used by Ford for the heat shield.
I was unaware the heat shield was clamped originally. I thought it was welded or something. That would mean we could go to ford and get some ourselves?
Sponsored

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I was unaware the heat shield was clamped originally. I thought it was welded or something. That would mean we could go to ford and get some ourselves?
I'm not sure where they sourced them. It's really more of a band than a clamp, but they are not reusable.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I live on the edge, left the shields off. Were more important when with the larger OD resonators

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
I'm not sure where they sourced them. It's really more of a band than a clamp, but they are not reusable.
I think I read someone on this forum when ahead and had them welded instead. Would you agree or recommend this idea? What about this Heat Shield company and some products they sell to wrap the exhaust piping? Your thoughts?

I am new to all this, thanks.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thanks for all the soundtracks, but my neighbour will prefer i keep it stock !!!;)

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
So for people who went to a generic muffler shop, I'm assuming they didn't use stainless steel for your pipes? Would it be ok not to?

Also how many have removed the heat shield, and if not how did you re-attach it to the new configuration.
I don't know what the shop who did mine used. I didn't even ask. :doh: Didn't re-installl the heat shield. I don't think it matters...?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for all the soundtracks, but my neighbour will prefer i keep it stock !!!;)
Honestly, in normal mode there is no change. So unless you are ripping through your neighborhood at WOT, your neighbors wont notice. Minus the bark during a cold start :ninja:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Honestly, in normal mode there is no change. So unless you are ripping through your neighborhood at WOT, your neighbors wont notice. Minus the bark during a cold start :ninja:
You don't know my neighbours . :crazy:

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The heat shield over the resonators are clamped. There's another set of small heat shields aft of that about a foot or so. One end is tack welded, the other end uses bands as well.

I'm not sure if Ford sells them specifically as a part. I think the cat back exhaust is all one large part.

Porsche332

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Track Pkg
It is all one part.My baffles stopped working due to bad ACTUATOR and they ordered a whole new one piece catback for it.

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
Everyone I've given a ride to after the resonators have been removed says the car just sounds so much better. They all have said it was the right move. But...you'll only hear the difference in sport mode. In 6th gear it still gets quiet. You really do end up with a lot of control over the exhaust.
So just so I am totally clear... The only real difference you can hear when removing the resonators is in Sport mode? In Normal mode it sounds basically the same resonated and non-resonated?

I am also reading there is a pretty big difference between resonated and non-resonated on initial cold startup (someone mentioned a much louder bark with non-resonated?) I was sure I would remove the resonators but I am also a bit concerned about startup bark in my neighborhood. My neighbor has a beautiful '69 Mustang but most others drive silent sedans and SUVs so don't want to annoy people too much.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So just so I am totally clear... The only real difference you can hear when removing the resonators is in Sport mode? In Normal mode it sounds basically the same resonated and non-resonated?
Yes

I am also reading there is a pretty big difference between resonated and non-resonated on initial cold startup (someone mentioned a much louder bark with non-resonated?) I was sure I would remove the resonators but I am also a bit concerned about startup bark in my neighborhood. My neighbor has a beautiful '69 Mustang but most others drive silent sedans and SUVs so don't want to annoy people too much.
Yes, its a bit louder since the valves open up for a split second during a cold start.
Sponsored