Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Unless they have changed it the insurance has a 5k deductible. Still worth it in my opinion. Just thought I would put that out there. I can tell you guys I had an absolute blast at the Track Attack and would love to do it again even if I had to pay full price (if there were a price for it in the GT350).
I think full price is about $58,000
Sponsored

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I hereby take full responsibility for any loss or damage to the GT350 issued during all driving activities in which I will be a participant at

the Ford Performance Racing School. (Full vehicle replacement cost - $60,000)
From the waiver.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I think full price is about $58,000
Haha, funny you say that, if I could get a half decent trade/offer on my car I would do it in a heartbeat and the Track Attack would be a big factor in why I would.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
From the waiver.
Yea, and if you buy the insurance it covers all but the first $5000 of that if you were to total the car. It was explained to me when I bought the insurance that any damage up to $5000 was my responsibility and the insurance would cover the rest. If I had chosen not to buy the insurance all 60 grand was on me if I were to total the car or whatever it took to fix it if not a total loss. Definitely worth the money to buy the insurance. I think it would be hard to total the car but definitely possible.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
I paid for the insurance on both days. I doubt I'll total either vehicle since I'm pretty sure the instructors do their best to keep us out of trouble. Still we'll be exploring our abilities and probably pushing them in an unfamiliar setting. Crashing the car or having somebody crash into me are real possibilities. It's all about risk and I'm unwilling to take the risk of a $60,000 bill. The insurance isn't all that much when one considers the cost of the second day, airfare and accommodations.

Sponsored

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I don't remember them asking for both days... I just listed both days on the form. Will see what that does.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
General question for those who already attended. Having zero experience under my driving belt, how would one rate the classroom/video sessions for education as well as the heel/toe teaching? Its my intention to be a sponge while I am there but I was curious what people thought of the overall instruction of this experience and the benefit received.

Thanks! :cheers:

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
This is going to be a blast - am I the only one heading out for this first weekend?

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
...... or having somebody crash into me are real possibilities. It's all about risk and I'm unwilling to take the risk of a $60,000 bill. The insurance isn't all that much when one considers the cost of the second day, airfare and accommodations.
Bingo. I wasn't going to get the insurance, but when I showed up I was told that if someone crashed into me, I am still responsible for the bill. I quickly signed up.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Question for the people who went last year... what time does everything finish up for the day after being out on the track? Just trying to get stuff lined out and try and work around my work schedule...

Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Question for the people who went last year... what time does everything finish up for the day after being out on the track? Just trying to get stuff lined out and try and work around my work schedule...
If I remember correctly we were done around 5pm.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
General question for those who already attended. Having zero experience under my driving belt, how would one rate the classroom/video sessions for education as well as the heel/toe teaching? Its my intention to be a sponge while I am there but I was curious what people thought of the overall instruction of this experience and the benefit received.

Thanks! :cheers:
They will teach you as much as you want to learn. They go over everything and if you have specific questions you can ask and they'll answer.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I paid for the insurance on both days. I doubt I'll total either vehicle since I'm pretty sure the instructors do their best to keep us out of trouble. Still we'll be exploring our abilities and probably pushing them in an unfamiliar setting. Crashing the car or having somebody crash into me are real possibilities. It's all about risk and I'm unwilling to take the risk of a $60,000 bill. The insurance isn't all that much when one considers the cost of the second day, airfare and accommodations.
You absolutely could wreck the car (not saying you specifically). The instructors aren't in the car with you too much. You have allot of freedom.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
Just did the 1-day school on Monday and we wrapped up about 4:30. Airport was only a 30 min drive so even with gassing up rental car before returning I had plenty of time before a 7:25pm flight.

Airport is west of SLC so I can't imagine there is ever much traffic between the track and the airport. If you are concerned at all about timing flights I'd say 7pm or later should not be an issue.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Signed up for May 11-12 !

I definitely got the insurance... $159 is cheap to allow me to really enjoy the day
Sponsored