FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my kit Saturday. Any tips or pictures on how to route or hide your wires so that it doesn’t look like a mess?

Route the Fuel Sensor Harness and the Drivers side injector harness around the Back Firewall From Pass Side To the Drivers side. The Pass Side Injector harness is best routed From Back To Front.

The Ground Can Be connected to either the Shock Tower Existing Ground Or right inside the Battery box 10mm Nut that fastens the Neg. Bat. Cable to the Neg Bat. Terminal. Tuck the Injector harnesses into the Gap between fuel rail and Intake Manifold!
Sponsored

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Route the Fuel Sensor Harness and the Drivers side injector harness around the Back Firewall From Pass Side To the Drivers side. The Pass Side Injector harness is best routed From Back To Front.

The Ground Can Be connected to either the Shock Tower Existing Ground Or right inside the Battery box 10mm Nut that fastens the Neg. Bat. Cable to the Neg Bat. Terminal. Tuck the Injector harnesses into the Gap between fuel rail and Intake Manifold!
Thanks for the reply. Sounds good. Just saw your photos. It looks good.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
44FA335D-4785-4E49-8B96-31128B2A9201.jpeg
Wow!!! Summit Racing is quick. I got my kit in a day with free shipping. It beat the fuel line disconnect tool kit that I ordered as well. I didn’t think it was going to come in that quick. I just dropped my car off at the Ford body shop to fix the infamous gt350 bootie sag. They had to order brackets that were like $700. Take advantage of that warranty.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. Did you flip the harness to be able to route it to the back? If so doesn’t that change the order of the injectors and would that cause issues?

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Forgive me if this is a stupid question. Did you flip the harness to be able to route it to the back? If so doesn’t that change the order of the injectors and would that cause issues?
from what i've gathered, the order doesn't really matter. so there would be no issues. maybe @FLATPLANE can confirm this.

Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From what Gray @ AFD told me the order does not matter I was still able to run the longer harness to the Drivers side as per the instructions but order from front to back does not matter. Its just a piggyback system that reads E content and adjust the fuel trims. The factory ECU still tells the factory injectors when to pulse.

Update I was able to get it up to 60% E Content and it feels like a little bit more power is coming from it. Going to be interesting to see where the sweet spot is with this system! Are you guys with 80% Feeling any difference with less % E Content? Or am I just crazy??

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Best I've gotten is 65% E85. Car feels pretty strong there. I believe the website States the e80 is the max content that makes power with this kit on a n/a application.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I finally got my system hooked up. Through the week I drove my gas down to 25 miles til empty. I ended up running everything to the back to hide the wires better. When I started the car for the first time everything sounded good. With 93 octane I was showing around 10% ethenal on the app. On my way to get e85 I noticed a difference in throttle response with just e10. I also noticed my car backing off some when I accelerated. Is this normal? Does it do this when you first put the system on while adjusting the ECU? I almost didn’t put any E85 in my car because of this. I would accelerate then it would hesitate for a couple seconds then go. I ended up just filling my tank up halfway. When I left the gas station everything felt good. I went up and down the highway a few times when no throttle delay. I’m just wondering when I go back to 93 will it have the same issues or is that a normal thing when you first install the system? FYI I’m at 61% at the moment.

Sponsored

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I have noticed some slight hiccups with the system installed. It seems like it handles things a little differently every day, though barely noticeable. I've gone from a tank of e82, down to e15, back to e65, and back to e10. I tend to drive with spirit and I will say it seems that if you are running e10-20 the car runs better as a stock setup, but only marginally. At around e60 you really feel a difference, and at e80 i notice an occasional hiccup or lag, but again, very small, and more increased performance. The ability to get to around 140 is expedited without a doubt. I feel like the system has the smoothest operation/power combination at around e65. I can't lie, when I had a tank of e82 I didn't really like the sound but I prefer a grumbly muscle car exhaust note. When I went back down to around e15, the pop/growl was that much more satisfying, but we're not putting e85 in our cars for sound. I recommend the system for sure. It's fun to be able to just go back and forth on a whim without worries. I've had no lights or issues, and the system seems to work as well as you could hope it would.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have noticed some slight hiccups with the system installed. It seems like it handles things a little differently every day, though barely noticeable. I've gone from a tank of e82, down to e15, back to e65, and back to e10. I tend to drive with spirit and I will say it seems that if you are running e10-20 the car runs better as a stock setup, but only marginally. At around e60 you really feel a difference, and at e80 i notice an occasional hiccup or lag, but again, very small, and more increased performance. The ability to get to around 140 is expedited without a doubt. I feel like the system has the smoothest operation/power combination at around e65. I can't lie, when I had a tank of e82 I didn't really like the sound but I prefer a grumbly muscle car exhaust note. When I went back down to around e15, the pop/growl was that much more satisfying, but we're not putting e85 in our cars for sound. I recommend the system for sure. It's fun to be able to just go back and forth on a whim without worries. I've had no lights or issues, and the system seems to work as well as you could hope it would.
Thanks for the response to my questions. This forum is usually more active. I figured more would respond. Since I’ve went to e60 the delay hasn’t been as bad but I did notice a few times this morning that it hesitated for a second. I do notice a performance difference and plan to get my car dynoed in the near future to see how much power increase it has made. I was just worried about the the delay and wanted to see what everyone else was experiencing to make sure I’m not messing my car up with the system or to make sure I don’t have a defected system.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
i'm now at around e81-e82 on this tank. my experience up to this point, as of right now, is also more tempered. i'm getting a few "pows" more than i would like still, especially upshifting from 2nd to 3rd. i can force that loud bang if i slowly rev the car up to say 4k rpms in 2nd, then do a casual shift into 3rd. usually i'll get a "pow!", though not always. but that is when i most get them, at those parameters. i want to say with lower ethanol, i dont get that pow sound as much under the same 2nd-3rd shift.

overall still, i think the car is making more power and the convenience to flex my fuel is nice. i'll probably run 91 octane (what we get here in so-cal) every so often, especially in the winter.

one thing though: i am not regularly redlining the car and pushing it to the max. i just dont have the roads around my busy area and streets. in fact, i probably have only taken this set up to redline 2x since i got the commander. just for the record.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Update: I finally had a chance to take a look at the car to see what was going on. Come to find out it was something super simple causing my issues. Somehow the fuel sensor plug worked itself lose. Thank god it wasn’t something serious. The car runs super smooth now with noticeable power increases. I plan to go get the car dynoed tomorrow or next Friday depending when work allows.

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear!! Glad it was a simple Fix!!!
Sponsored