Sponsored

Official 6G Shift knob pics thread

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Anyone know where I can get a shifter that is shaped more like a handle instead of a knob? I do prefer the handle feel when shifting as that is what I had on my old cars. I have seen the GT350 ones but I heard that they weren't that great.

If there are no handle-shaped shifters, are there any weight shift knobs?

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone know where I can get a shifter that is shaped more like a handle instead of a knob? I do prefer the handle feel when shifting as that is what I had on my old cars. I have seen the GT350 ones but I heard that they weren't that great.

The GT350 knob has nice ergonomics, but I don't believe it's weighted.

I don't make anything T handle shaped, I do have a tear drop shaped knob that is weighted and my sphere's are also weighted.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Raceseng has some that might work for you.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I can't wait for mine. Last update was mid to late June.

[MENTION=19132]Anarchy Motive[/MENTION] ... :headbang:

Sponsored

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think you emailed me or messaged me? I'll be answering all those tonight for everyone. But I have good news for you man. :headbang::headbang:

I haven't been worried. Your communication has been great when we put the order in. Thanks for the response. :)

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
As promised some shots of my custom Raceseng Ashiko knob.
13D68891-F5C4-4300-A502-3AB113A2FE18.jpg
C74D6E34-08CC-4960-BE75-29D8AC29C916.jpg

Sponsored

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
I just installed my Raceseng red translucent Slammer shift knob. Wow, it really takes the notchy feel out of shifting. Extremely smooth! Installation took me about 15 minutes. It looks great and feels even better!

I did run into a problem with the reverse lock out collar. It would not engage unless I backed off the shift knob one or two turns. It should be noted that my shifter is stock. I was able to use (5) dimes stacked on each other as shim. Now it engages perfectly. I think Raceseng needs to re-engineer the adapter so it is a bit taller. From reading this thread, it appears everyone that has installed the Raceseng shift knob has encountered the same problem.

It is still a beautiful manufactured piece of art! The powder coating and engraving are top notch. I would definitely recommend one to anyone that's thinking about getting one.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Alright, hate to be that guy to ask this, but i have gone through most of this forum and cant find what im looking for. I would like a black knob, with Red pattern/engraving....dont really need anything on the side, and dont really want stripes either. The only ones i've been able to find had stripes. GT350 does look nice, but im worried about the leather wearing as i've heard it wears easily. Also would like a weighted knob. currently running a CJPP 50th edition black knob. prefer round knobs that do not require the jam nut/ stupid piece of metal the knob has to sit on top of. Thanks for any help/Pics!!

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Alright, hate to be that guy to ask this, but i have gone through most of this forum and cant find what im looking for. I would like a black knob, with Red pattern/engraving....dont really need anything on the side, and dont really want stripes either. The only ones i've been able to find had stripes. GT350 does look nice, but im worried about the leather wearing as i've heard it wears easily. Also would like a weighted knob. currently running a CJPP 50th edition black knob. prefer round knobs that do not require the jam nut/ stupid piece of metal the knob has to sit on top of. Thanks for any help/Pics!!
I can do that, they do have a jam nut. But it's not visible and it's only for lining the pattern up. It doesn't sit on top of anything. Reverse functions like normal.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I can do that, they do have a jam nut. But it's not visible and it's only for lining the pattern up. It doesn't sit on top of anything. Reverse functions like normal.
have you done one before for reference? Im just talking about those ones that have to have the 1//2" or so spacer that the knob has to sit on above the reverse lockout. Im going with a short shifter and having a spacer like that defeats the purpose of a short shifter ha.

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
have you done one before for reference? Im just talking about those ones that have to have the 1//2" or so spacer that the knob has to sit on above the reverse lockout. Im going with a short shifter and having a spacer like that defeats the purpose of a short shifter ha.
Yeah, we don't use that spacer.

Here's a matte black one we did for an STi with that color combo
34508311651_8d9bf638d0_z.jpg
IMG_1694 by Derrick Tackett, on Flickr

This one is before clear coat (we can do a matte or a gloss)
32491261943_ffc12ff1c2_z.jpg
IMG_20170305_124116_01 by Derrick Tackett, on Flickr
Sponsored