Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Kind of silly point. Just because some People want Autonomous self driving cars. Doesn't mean they can't drive!:doh:
Means they are too lazy to drive and would rather be connected to their social media feeds full time. Wouldn't want to miss out on some new "likes" coming in on their Facebook. :doh:
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Means they are too lazy to drive and would rather be connected to their social media feeds full time. Wouldn't want to miss out on some new "likes" coming in on their Facebook. :doh:
You know you're old when you put quote marks around likes when talking about Facebook.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
And auto rev matching.
I had to dig way back to find the original post that started this. I for one would like rev matching. I've been driving a stick since I was 15 1/2, and bliping downsifts is easy enough, but good heal-toe braking (under hard braking) is tricky. Most cars are not set up to do it well (from pedal positioning) and as I mentioned before, normal driving doesn't really lend itself to practice. I have no problem letting computers do things computers do well, and this is an easy one for a computer, and a hard one for a human.

We'll probably have to wait for review NDAs to expire before we know for sure.

Sponsored

ntev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Ordering a 2018 GT PP, I want the black roof and black deck lid spoiler, but is it really now allowed to be put on a performance package because it's part of the black accent package?

Can anything be done?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And you are specifically referring to the 6 speed manual? Is its standard or only with GT PP Level 2? Since you are talking to people who have driven them.
Yes.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had to dig way back to find the original post that started this. I for one would like rev matching. I've been driving a stick since I was 15 1/2, and bliping downsifts is easy enough, but good heal-toe braking (under hard braking) is tricky. Most cars are not set up to do it well (from pedal positioning) and as I mentioned before, normal driving doesn't really lend itself to practice. I have no problem letting computers do things computers do well, and this is an easy one for a computer, and a hard one for a human.

We'll probably have to wait for review NDAs to expire before we know for sure.
This car is tricky to heel-toe on the street. I've gotten it down decently well, but lots of practice. The pedal heights are actually pretty good for heel-toe on the track (where you're braking hard), and it's tough to find the right compromise between close enough for heel-toe with <size 10 feet and making sure you're not getting people's feet caught or ergonomically oddly positioned.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So, just to clarify, you are stating that you have spoken to people who have driven the 2018, and rev matching is standard for the MT6? If so - sweet.
:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
Ordering a 2018 GT PP, I want the black roof and black deck lid spoiler, but is it really now allowed to be put on a performance package because it's part of the black accent package?

Can anything be done?
From what I have been told you cannot combine the black accent package with the performance package. Which sucks because some prototype cars running around have the black roof and performance pack (from what I can tell, check out the link below to see a picture). Would have been nice to be able to get both from the factory.

http://imgur.com/a/prMcB

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I know packages make it easier for Ford, and some of them are a pretty good deal, but it sucks when you can't combine some of them, or buying a package is the only way to get one item you really want. I would love to get the PP, the black accent pack with spoiler delete, and the 401A level, but with ceramic seats only available in the 400A. So, I have to prioritize, and buy the things I can only get with packages, and wait to buy black badges and a few other things to install after delivery.

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
I know packages make it easier for Ford, and some of them are a pretty good deal, but it sucks when you can't combine some of them, or buying a package is the only way to get one item you really want. I would love to get the PP, the black accent pack with spoiler delete, and the 401A level, but with ceramic seats only available in the 400A. So, I have to prioritize, and buy the things I can only get with packages, and wait to buy black badges and a few other things to install after delivery.
Agreed. Too many restrictions in mixing and matching packages. And then the whole holding a popular option hostage until you add another expensive package. I'm still not sure why the digital cluster isn't included in the 301A package but maybe that's just me.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
So, just to clarify, you are stating that you have spoken to people who have driven the 2018, and rev matching is standard for the MT6? If so - sweet.
This is news to me, if true that makes an '18 more attractive. So it will automatically blip the throttle on downshifts if mode selected? Why is Ford not advertising this instead of quiet exhausts, jez.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner