Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Does Magnaride also allow for a cushier ride than stock when needed or is it just stock firmness and more firm?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does Magnaride also allow for a cushier ride than stock when needed or is it just stock firmness and more firm?
It could if that's how they program them and that is normally done.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
What is snow :shrug::lol:
As someone who is getting tired of maintaining and storing a second set of wheels and skids -- not funny! :lol: :)

Seriously though, looks like the 18's will be arriving late, it sucks having to go straight to snow tires. :headbonk:
Winter ? Coilovers , lowered , 20s and low pros . #beatingwintertherightway

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I feel sorry for poor people that only have one car.:D

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

Sponsored

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
I feel sorry for poor people that only have one car.:D
My Garage Queen is my '68, so if I want to have a new Mustang, its gotta do it all. Hence: Snow Tires!

3Q4cIQE.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When you say the preproduction models are being built along side the '17s do you mean '18s with the new 5.0, new transmission and anything else that was changed? Also is this done for future qc concerns with body panel, bumper and door fitments? And last but not least when you talk about the mag ride feeling you're saying you've driven the '18 Mustang GT with magneride? Thanks
Yes, they build the last model (17) at pretty much standard rate, and intermix several cars a day or even several a shift of the new model (18) on the same line. The new model has dedicated teams looking at QC items and it is turned over to the regular plant crew for those items at MP1 (slow hand-off). The '18 is not very different from an assembly perspective.

I've driven the GT350 Track pack and ridden in a friend's as well. That is what I'm talking about regarding the difference in damper modes. The '18 GT PP mag ride will probably be in the same ballpark for stiffness and change between modes.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] but these preproduction '18s are not intended to be sold to consumers correct? I wish you could give us more info but you'd probably get in trouble.
No these are not sold. They are driven , analyzed, dissected and destroyed when no longer needed.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
It would be great if they added a comfort mode for the new mag ride, so that you could cruise in comfort mag setting, quiet exhaust setting, comfort steering setting etc. and then switch everything over to sport when you are ready to feel the difference and hoon it a bit!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] but these preproduction '18s are not intended to be sold to consumers correct? I wish you could give us more info but you'd probably get in trouble.
Technically many of them can be sold, via the pedigree of their build content, but are usually not, and if they are, not to your average person. Some of the PP build cars (prior to MP1) turn into management lease vehicles after brief evaluations. Most are used to rack up a few thousand miles in contract driver's hands to find minor functional, powertrain calibration, QC and driver preference issues with the vehicles prior to J1.

Sponsored

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
It would be great if they added a comfort mode for the new mag ride, so that you could cruise in comfort mag setting, quiet exhaust setting, comfort steering setting etc. and then switch everything over to sport when you are ready to feel the difference and hoon it a bit!
If the Mag-Ride works as well as the CCD on my wife's Lincoln I will be happy.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
No these are not sold. They are driven , analyzed, dissected and destroyed when no longer needed.
There are several pre production S550s in circulation and at least 1 member on M6G has a 299xxx vin so while they are not sold directly to the public they eventually make there way to the lots.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
2 new Royal Crimson pics from [MENTION=8058]MR[/MENTION]levine on Twitter (don't know how to embed twitter pics):
https://twitter.com/mrlevine/status/877659572416262144

2018-Mustang-Royal-Crimson-1.jpg

2018-Mustang-Royal-Crimson-2.jpg
NICE!!!

Overseas sales are expected to increase to 30% of production, it was 17.5 in '16 and half of that the year before. With the Sport Car look, I suspect the overseas market to exceed 40% in 2018. If the '18 maintains similar sales to the '15 in the US, overall, the '18 could be more popular.

Ford is allowing for a 3 month Pre-Order window from July to Oct this time. I bet the '18 pulls more pre-orders than the '15.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You know, no money. Broke......jeez the smiley face indicated a joke.
Sponsored