Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang V6
CRUSHED IT :headbang:
Messed around in Photoshop with some facelift pics. Guess my '18 Mustang project will look like this - The front end is just perfect in that shot:
attachment.jpg
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
They do look very pink in that those shots :(

That's the only aspect of the '18MY that I don't like though :)
This and I will definitely change the rearpanel to the new US GT again. Really don't like this fake gas cap, it looks totally out of place with the aggressive spoiler and quadtips.

Now I'm just hoping that the active exhaust will come to europe and the performance spoiler will be an option (would be cool if not every EU Mustang will have it)

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Tbh I doubt that. Many countries have very strict policies concerning exhaust noise levels.
I doubt it too, but you can still buy an active exhaust in the EU Camaro, so there's hope

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Messed around in Photoshop with some facelift pics. Guess my '18 Mustang project will look like this - The front end is just perfect in that shot:
attachment.jpg

Pretty much my plans, though not 100% sure if that is Lightning or Kona blue but my intention is Lightning blue, white or silver stripes, polished wheels.

Think it looks great and the front-end in some ways is still uglier but in other ways nicer. On a whole its a nicer looking car in darker colours and with some added stripes etc.

But stock for stock MY15-17 is prettier from the front, but modified the MY18 really has it spot on.

I am just hoping the UK gets at least the full PP package, so the polished wheels, PS4S tyres, spoiler etc. which I believe are all 100% certain now along with new engine, 10-speed etc and updated interior.

What is unknown on export models if we will get options like Magneride (I'd really like this), Active exhaust, carbon interior pack option etc.

Not the end of the world because if we do not I will take the KW Clubsport 2 suspension of my MY15 and put it on the MY18 along with my Corsa exhaust, if compatible.

For me I am switching to MY18 mainly for the 10-speed, my days of driving manuals are over but the 6 speed AUTO in the current cars though fast and works well was too lethargic in paddle mode. Hoping the 10-speed in track mode will be as good as it is in the Camaro or close at least, if not then I guess a decent mapper can tweak it as it will be fully software controlled anyway, but I suspect it will be fine as Ford/GM have put a lot of time, money and effort into the 10-speed.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Never saw this perspective of the headlights before - Looks amazing! :headbang:
I just don't get the gap under the tri-bar DRLs; it looks out of place, IMO, and almost like the part doesn't fit. Not sure what they were going for there.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I just don't get the gap under the tri-bar DRLs; it looks out of place, IMO, and almost like the part doesn't fit. Not sure what they were going for there.
I'm pretty sure there will be an opening on the GT500

But it will be a pain in the a** to clean this area :doh:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Pretty much my plans, though not 100% sure if that is Lightning or Kona blue but my intention is Lightning blue, white or silver stripes, polished wheels.

Think it looks great and the front-end in some ways is still uglier but in other ways nicer. On a whole its a nicer looking car in darker colours and with some added stripes etc.

But stock for stock MY15-17 is prettier from the front, but modified the MY18 really has it spot on.

I am just hoping the UK gets at least the full PP package, so the polished wheels, PS4S tyres, spoiler etc. which I believe are all 100% certain now along with new engine, 10-speed etc and updated interior.

What is unknown on export models if we will get options like Magneride (I'd really like this), Active exhaust, carbon interior pack option etc.

Not the end of the world because if we do not I will take the KW Clubsport 2 suspension of my MY15 and put it on the MY18 along with my Corsa exhaust, if compatible.

For me I am switching to MY18 mainly for the 10-speed, my days of driving manuals are over but the 6 speed AUTO in the current cars though fast and works well was too lethargic in paddle mode. Hoping the 10-speed in track mode will be as good as it is in the Camaro or close at least, if not then I guess a decent mapper can tweak it as it will be fully software controlled anyway, but I suspect it will be fine as Ford/GM have put a lot of time, money and effort into the 10-speed.
Agreed, the reason I've asked my insurance company to hold fire replacing my car with an 18 rather then a 17 is the updated engine and 10 speed auto.

If we get the option of active exhaust and magnaride, nice, if not, won't lose any sleep over it.

I just hope we can put our orders in around and certainly not too much later after the US (build date and delivery will be a completely different kettle of fish though)..

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Does it go anywhere? I think it looks OK, if it is actually an opening that goes somewhere. However, I have an aversion to fake scoops and vents.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
[MENTION=10422]Ace[/MENTION] that first blue pic is definitely lightning blue. I'm not so sure about the second one though. Maybe just the lighting playing tricks. Either way, both the blues look stunning.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah, really hard to tell from pictures which blue they are using. Will be really hard to decide if I will buy a Kona or Lightning blue one

But I always though lightning blue looks way brighter under light, like that
2f3efc20a324abccf6b3fc2c87b6f56a.jpg

Ford UK, if you are reading this, please make that race red 5.0 pp with the bright wheels available in Britain.
If you fob us off with a slightly modified base model I'm off back to Jaguar...

So there.
They have shown these bright rims in Shanghai, so there's chance we could get more than one rim to choose from
Sponsored