Sponsored

Official: 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition Announced and Revealed

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Maybe it's the professional shots but it looks better to me than the early spy leaks. Looks like a nice simplified package. Glad its also being offered in Kona Blue. I am not a huge fan of the anniversary type cars but I get it, and Ford probably figures they'll easily sell the small amount at a nice premium.
Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
How have we not gotten a photochopped one of these in Kona Blue yet? Come on Chris and others! We're waiting!!! :D

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Interior work looks top notch. Even the coralled pony in the grille is growing on me and the Faux gas cap isn't horrible (and I hate the Faux gas caps)..Luckily they limited the chrome treatment on the gas cap so its not this cheesy looking glinty piece of plastic from autozone. This might be one of the few limited special edition late model Mustangs I actually like.

Sponsored

wilson68944

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Hope this misalignment is just on this, I presume, pre-production vehicle.
Love it otherwise, great job Ford.
Blitzm, I take it you haven't owned a Mustang? Misaligned panels happens often. Like on the fender of my 2014 GT. They do a pretty good job but they do start in the low 20s and the body panels are put on by the same people on the base as the top model. It's a Mustang not a Bentley.
image.jpg

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Autoweek's Article about the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition

Ford*launched the*Mustang*fifty years ago this week*at the New York World's Fair. And to celebrate the iconic pony car's birthday, Ford will be revealing a*2015 Mustang*50 Year Limited Edition, just 1,964 examples of which will be built. The limited edition model premiered at*New York Auto Show*this week, and will go on sale this fall.

The 50th Anniversary Edition will be based on the*2015 Mustang GT fastback*with the performance pack, and it will only be available in two colors: Kona Blue or Wimbledon White, like the car above, as a nod to the first ever Mustang with Serial No. 0001 that was sold to Capt. Stanley Tucker in April of 1964. The 50th Anniversary Mustang will be powered by the upgraded 5.0-liter V8 making 420-hp and 390 lb-ft of torque, and as part of the Mustang GT performance pack it will feature large six-piston Brembo front brakes and 19-inch alloy wheels wrapped in Y-speed-rated Pirelli P-Zero summer tires.

“Mustang fans love to drive their cars, even the rarer examples of the breed, so we built this limited-edition from the best-performing 2015 Mustang available – the GT fastback with the performance pack,” said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer. "While some collectors will undoubtedly stash this car away in a museum, those who choose to hit the open road will get a world-class sports car that can run with the best."

The 50th Anniversary Mustang will also be the only 2015 model which will offer the combination of automatic transmission and the performance pack (a manual will also be available); in fact, transmission choice will be the only option on this fully loaded Mustang. When optioned with the six-speed automatic, the 50th Anniversary Mustang will get a limited-slip rear differential with a 3.55:1 final-drive ratio, while buyers who opt for the six-speed manual get a Torsen rear differential with a 3.73:1 final drive ratio.

Read more:*http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140416/newyork/140419873#ixzz2z4oSOhEQ*
Follow us:*@AutoweekUSA on Twitter*|*AutoweekUSA on Facebook

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Is this the news for April that we've been anticipating or is there more to come? News like the weight, price and options?

It is beautiful.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I don't believe Ford promised anything for April. And as this is a globally anticipated car, I expect Ford will use every minute of development and testing available.

BlueApolloIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Shelby GT500
I bet a bunch of people are going to buy these up in the hopes of selling it for a massive profit 5-10 years down the line...lol
Ha! So true! Save your money instead.

As for the special edition...The grille looks so out of place on a modern car. Yuck! Lose the stupid "5.0" emblem already. The window louvers or whatever...eh...Boring.

The interior looks great.

Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score

As for the special edition...The grille looks so out of place on a modern car. Yuck! Lose the stupid "5.0" emblem already. The window louvers or whatever...eh...Boring.
agreed.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I'm okay with the 5.0, actually like the louvers (especially if the glass is layered-that'd be cool) but completely agree with you on the S.E. Grill emblem.

Mriley

Disagree. The louvers look very well done. I feared they would look too retro like some of the body colored renderings but keeping it appearing as part of the glass was very well executed IMO. I wouldn't have gone with the corraled grille myself but I think for the more premium look they were going for, it does its job.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I think this 50th anniversary edition will tickle the buying impulses of the Baby Boomer and Retro crowd and turn off those of the Make-mine-more-modern crowd.

I'm in the latter. I don't like the corralled pony, the chrome on the taillights, the louvered glass or faux gas cap at all. They are all styling elements that scream retro stuck in the past.

With that said I can see why Boomers and Retro fanatics will love this. They will have the upper $45 to $50K to buy this edition. I will pass.

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
I hope Kona Blue and Wimbledon White is gonna be offered on the non 50th anniversary 2015 Mustang. Those are two of the best colors Ford has ever painted a Mustang.... but I am pretty sure they will stick to the 50th Anniversary cars only.
So we get the good old basic 8 pack of crayola colors again this year with the exception of guard or magnetic or WTF ever they are calling it. If they wanna bring back some heritage bring back the 20-25 color options that were offered in 1964 1/2 - 1967
The release explicitly says, that Wimbledon white and kona blue are exclusive to the limited edition and won't be available on other mustangs.
Sponsored