Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Nice colors! Ford take note!

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Beautiful.. a very impressive car and very well engineering (steering feel TBD). This is not competition for the Mustang, it's way beyond it in the target market and the price. The price will be like all recent Ms - out of this world and continuing the trend of pricing themselves out of much of their former markets.
The engine will be very impressive, with a huge area of torque under a very broad torque curve (exactly how an EcoBoost works).
And it's nice to see multi-piston calipers all around, for a change. All of these prior M3s running around on single piston calipers are ridiculous.. a change serious track types always have to shell out for is to multi-piston calipers all around, which then require new wheels and the total expense just gets higher and higher.
I have to wonder if vinyl seats are standard in the usually BMW way, with cheap leather extra thousands and good leather even more .:-)
But seriously, very impressive. A special edition might exceed it's performance in one or two ways, but overall taking into account everything the car will be a better driving and dynamic experience all around.
Just like the prior M3 against my Boss 302.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
I love it!

Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
The M4 looks REALLY good, but man does it look loooonnnnnggggg.

The exterior, specifically the front end, is the best part about these cars. I will say the lines are sort of confusing, and cause shadowing that make the car look like it has an awkward rake. Also, the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw the back of the M3 was the "diaper" Ford introduced to the world in 2010 with the Mustang. Other than that, the cars look great.

The interior leaves a lot to be desired for me. The door panels look too busy, and the dash looks boring. The materials, however, look to be very high quality.

Over all really nice cars that cost far too much.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I'm confused. Why are people even comparing a $60k car to a $35k car?

OP
OP

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
  • Banned
I'm confused. Why are people even comparing a $60k car to a $35k car?
Ford themselves said they benchmarked the M3 along with the 911 in developing the S550.

And last I checked this is America, we are allowed to compare anything to whatever we desire.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Ford themselves said they benchmarked the M3 along with the 911 in developing the S550.

And last I checked this is America, we are allowed to compare anything to whatever we desire.
Sure you're allowed to (I never said you weren't), but it doesn't make sense. Of course overall quality and features are going to be better on a $60k car.