Sponsored

OEM GT PP Tires - Replacing at 4592 Miles

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So just took my 2015 GT PP in for first service at 4592 miles. I was informed tire thread is at 1 and 2 out of 10 in the rears.
I have NOT ever used line lock or done burn outs. Car has been in the garage all winter. I cruise around in fair weather. No track or racing.

Is there any recourse that I can have with the dealer/Ford? It is absurd to have to replace tires within the first 5,000 miles. I haven't even gotten to drive the car enough.

Anyone with similar experiences, or with some advise on what to do?
Sponsored

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I would check it myself against the wear marks.
Possibly the dealer trying to fleece your for some new tires

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford white 50 years
I got 8k out of mine and they were bald I could get traction till 4th. Same thing as you, no burnouts or line lock usage. I just think P- Zeros are crappy tires as far as wear goes.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Im at 9500 miles and having the same BS issues. Theres almost nothing left in the rears im looking at new tire options now

Sponsored

OP
OP

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just came back. They said 2/32nd's left. They also quoted me $700 to replace the backs with the same tire. I don't know what to do since I had thought about replacing with better tires but not this soon.

How would I try for a warranty claim? [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION]
I think they should do something, but how do I get them to even hear me? The service kid thought I either had over inflated tires (never got a TPMS warning or anything) but they were where they needed to be. Fronts were 1 under. I talked to my salesman and he said to go online and get some so I feel like I have no way to do anything at this point other than get royally screwed $700 less than a year and 4,500 miles into ownership. I have had multiple sports cars, including an 2013 GrandSport Vette, and never had these kinds of issues.

Again, never did burn outs or line-lock. I didn't drive in the winter since I bought a Jeep for that specific purpose.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Those stock tires don't last long at all. If you are concerned about replacing tires every 5-8K, I'd look into a new tire.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

DIB2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium/pp
They are summer tires, the don't last long. My passenger rear was almost gone with 5k miles

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
go to the dealer ship and tell them whats going on.

Also if that doesnt work swap those damn pirelli for something much better like the Conti DW or DWS, BFG etc

Pirelli dont last long its not uncommon for this to be occurring.

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
i got 11k out of mine and they were shot. I drive the car pretty hard. Are they measuring to the wear bar or in the tread.

Sponsored

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
Im at 12,000 and they said the same about my tires on my second service

OP
OP

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks all for your input. I just called Ford and will see how far that will take me.

I would be so happy getting 10k out of them at this point, that would have meant like 2 years for me. Under 5k seems absurd. Otherwise, I wouldn't have an issue accepting the purchase.

OP
OP

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
i got 11k out of mine and they were shot. I drive the car pretty hard. Are they measuring to the wear bar or in the tread.

They measured 2/32'nds. I can feel the tire is pretty bald. I compared to a new one and can definitely agree they need replacing.