Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Sponsored

A Crow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium w/ PP 50 years
With this kit no. The sill plates are wiried to only illuminate blue.
Looks like you put it on a base. I wonder if my premium would be changeable (have the non-illuminated 50 year sills) any insight? Only blue leds? Or no way to change in your vehicle?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Looks like you put it on a base. I wonder if my premium would be changeable (have the non-illuminated 50 year sills) any insight? Only blue leds? Or no way to change in your vehicle?
I believe you could get it working but not with the sill plates in this kit. You would need OEM takeoff sills. A few in the LE section have done this.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20596

Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange V6 Mustang Manual 6 speed
Thanks for the write up Zack, it helped me install the door sills this past week. I wasn't able to take off the handle for hood release so I just ran the wired through the plastic cover. Not sure if anyone else ran into this problem?

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
With this kit no. The sill plates are wiried to only illuminate blue.
Thanks Zack - looking at your pics, is the blue on the sill plates similar to the blue/green color on the rest of the console or significantly different? I'm hoping it adds to a cohesive look.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Zack - looking at your pics, is the blue on the sill plates similar to the blue/green color on the rest of the console or significantly different? I'm hoping it adds to a cohesive look.
Not a problem! The color is almost an exact match with the other interior lights. With this kit you will definitely get your cohesive look!

bradk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
My kit didn't come with the wiring harness. Would you know where I can order those? Or if you have the part number by any chance that would help a lot.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
After seeing how easier this is than I thought it would be, I'm seriously thinking about getting these now!
Thanks for showing us the write up!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
My kit didn't come with the wiring harness. Would you know where I can order those? Or if you have the part number by any chance that would help a lot.
I am assuming you bought them on ebay? If so you likely got OEM take off sills and not the accessory kit.

It should be pretty easy to make your own if you have some knowledge in this area. The harness is simply positive and negative wiring running from the driver and passenger sill plate to a common power source on the SJB (see instruction manual) You could run these wires ( I believe it is 14-16 gauge wire but don't quote me on that) without the need to buy the harness. The only real downside is that you will not have the OEM connectors for the sills. The only way I know of to get the harness is buying the OEM Ford accessory kit.

OMejicanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L
Zach

There plus your toggle switches is all I need to make the interior of my car look just the way I want!
Sponsored