Sponsored

Numbers matching when getting replacement engines

SteveTheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue LE #825 AT PP
I can't help but wonder if when all of these engines are getting replaced, are the owners getting a numbers matching engine replacement??? I would suggest the overall value of vehicle would be in question without numbers matching engines
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I can't help but wonder if when all of these engines are getting replaced, are the owners getting a numbers matching engine replacement??? I would suggest the overall value of vehicle would be in question without numbers matching engines
You can bet that Ford will not nor will any other auto manufacturer replace the original engine or transmission with another VIN matching replacement.

I suggest that the replacement engine or transmission pad will be left blank.

Way back in the muscle car era that I grew up in the block pad or transmission pad in some cases had "CE" which depending on who you talked to stood for "Counter Exchange" or in the case of the engine block meant "Crate Engine". The reliability of engines and transmissions back in the '60's was nowhere near as good as today.

Besides doing a visual inspection for any potential used GT350 to be purchased I would suggest that an Oasis Report should be requested.

:cool:

Aurelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Does anyone know if the transmissions are stamped and matched as well? I only ask since later on down the line a tranny swap might help out some base/tech owners. If they are stamped the same I'm assuming swapping out the tranny could potentially devalue the car?

Although secretly if I sold this down the line and someone told me that I would up the price 5k more and say I improved the car by getting the correct tranny.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the transmissions are stamped and matched as well? I only ask since later on down the line a tranny swap might help out some base/tech owners. If they are stamped the same I'm assuming swapping out the tranny could potentially devalue the car?

Although secretly if I sold this down the line and someone told me that I would up the price 5k more and say I improved the car by getting the correct tranny.
If I remove a working transmission and we're worried about "collectors value" down the road; then I'd keep the original transmission as long as I owned the car.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
You can bet that Ford will not nor will any other auto manufacturer replace the original engine or transmission with another VIN matching replacement.

I suggest that the replacement engine or transmission pad will be left blank.

Way back in the muscle car era that I grew up in the block pad or transmission pad in some cases had "CE" which depending on who you talked to stood for "Counter Exchange" or in the case of the engine block meant "Crate Engine". The reliability of engines and transmissions back in the '60's was nowhere near as good as today.

Besides doing a visual inspection for any potential used GT350 to be purchased I would suggest that an Oasis Report should be requested.

:cool:
Correct! No etched numbers. Documentation is provided for the engine and the replacement. That is all.

Sponsored

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
There are no etched numbers on the new motors so technically you will not have a numbers matching car.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
no it doesnt match, even the "hand built" builder plaque gets transferred over

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

To answer your question about whether the transmissions are stamped with a VIN and the answer is "Yes".

Not only are the transmissions stamped with a matching VIN but they are also stamped with a production date code as well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Aurelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
To answer your question about whether the transmissions are stamped with a VIN and the answer is "Yes".

Not only are the transmissions stamped with a matching VIN but they are also stamped with a production date code as well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the response. I figured that was the case.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Here's some evidence from my replacement engine: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1575532&postcount=276

And as [MENTION=19817]HizliBullet[/MENTION] said, your original intake manifold gets moved over to the replacement engine. As such, your original "built by" plaque is the one you end up with on your replacement engine.

FWIW, I was given a pretty low appraisal of $45k from the dealer that replaced my engine. They said the replacement engine hurts my value (despite many members here saying they'd buy a car with a replacement engine over an original). Also the current recall on the oil lines didn't help my appraisal.
Sponsored