Normalize sound volume radio vs other sources

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Does anyone know if there is a way to 'normalize' the volume level between other sources (iPhone, USB drive, etc) and the radio? What I mean is, if I was listening to music from my phone and, the next time I get in the car I don't plug in the phone, it defaults to radio and the level is much louder than the sound level from the previous source. In my experience, this is a fairly common issue with audio; the radio volume on my home amp is much louder than every other source.
Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
In some cases the volume from your phone can be increased manually with the phone volume controls to achieve a more consistent level. Haven’t tried it in the Mustang.

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
In some cases the volume from your phone can be increased manually with the phone volume controls to achieve a more consistent level. Haven’t tried it in the Mustang.
Thanks, however, what I mean is that, if you are listening to mp3 from a USB stick, or whatever, and you switch over to the radio, the radio is much louder that the volume at which you were listening to the other source. Some systems are 'smart' enough to 'remember' the volume from the last time you listened to the radio, so you don't get that big disparity.
Sponsored